Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting OXFORD NEWS to 80360 or email us
10 Reasons... to support Oxford City
12:00pm Wednesday 26th February 2014 in Headlines
My 10 reasons for supporting Oxford City:
- It's a friendly, family club with,
- A great bar and clubhouse serving a good selection of drinks including real ale - where else can you chat to the chairman over a pint?
- Catch the half time scores in the clubhouse and if too wet for you watch the match through the window!
- A good standard of football delivered by seasoned ex-league/premiership and local talent (much better than I remember from the old 3rd division in the 70s!)
- Great banter with the away fans
- Get close to the pitch and the action, especially behind the goals
- The chance to take the club coach to exotic locations such as Workington, Colwyn Bay and Bradford (PA)
- The chance to support and be part of a genuine community club - 18 teams from under 8s to veterans
- Great value at £11 with deals for seniors (£6), students (£3) , and under 16s and serving forces (free!)
- Easy to park and easy to get to by 13/X13 bus from town.
Don't take my word for it . Come along to Marsh Lane!
- We now have, courtesy of OxBox TV, video highlights of Oxford City home games at oxfordmail.co.uk/videos/oxford_city/
- And if you want to contribute to our 10 reasons... section, email your submission to us
- You can read our other lists at oxfordmail.co.uk/news/listicles
Comments are closed on this article.