MARK Gee is hoping North Leigh can put a controversial FA Cup exit behind them by returning to winning ways at home to Larkhall Athletic in Southern League Division 1 South & West.
The Millers lost 2-1 at home to Flackwell Heath, the winning goal coming when the visitors, who had a player down injured, did not stop playing and Jeff Brown lobbed keeper Matt Bulman.
“If it had been us, we’d have kicked the ball out,” said Gee. “But they didn’t and ended up scoring which was bad sportsmanship really.
“The referee should have stopped the game, and he apologised after, but the fact of the matter is that we shouldn’t be talking about it because we had enough chances to win the game anyway.
“We have a chance to put that right against Larkhall.”
Jon Else and Connor Ingram are away, Aaron Woodley is working, while Elliott Osborne-Ricketts is a doubt with illness.
George Seacole, Jacob Hughes and Scott Gee are called up.
Lee Henderson will make his Wantage Town debut in their trip to Tiverton Town.
The defender has signed on loan from Oxford City and joins a squad that is without five regulars.
Jake Johns and Stuart Cattell serve one-match bans, while Karl Roberts is unavailable.
Ryan Millward and Sam Parish are still sidelined through injury.
“It’s an ideal opportunity for Lee to get some games under his belt – he’ll go straight in on Saturday,” said boss Gary Ackling.
Didcot Town boss Ian Concannon names an unchanged squad for the home match with Mangotsfield.
The Railwaymen lost 5-1 at Beaconsfield SYCOB in the FA Cup last week and their joint manager is looking for a reaction.
“The scoreline suggests we were tonked, but they had six shots on goal and scored five,” Concannon said.
“Mangotsfield are a big, strong and physical side, but hopefully we can put in a good performance.”
Didcot Tn (v Mangotsfield, home): from Foster, Heapy, Organ, Baines, Carnell, Learoyd, Elkins, Clark, Mills, Self, McKirnan, A Williams, Abrahart.
North Leigh (v Larkhall, home): from Bullman, Hopkins, Turk, Gunn, Hole, Caton, McNish, Williams, Sanders, Osborne-Rickets, Westlake, Bowler, M Woodley, Seacole, Hughes, Gee.
Wantage Tn (v Tiverton Tn, away): from Farrow, Tucker, Sadler, Da Costa, Henderson, Steedman, Jones, Lachacz, Barder, Shaw, Melledew, Riccio, Deabill, Guy.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Bolton Wanderers 0, Oxford United 2 (Thomas 81, Maguire 90)
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match at Bolton?
- UPDATES - Bolton Wanderers v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: The players are determined to show their fighting spirit
- Oxford United hoping Kane Hemmings can end unlucky goalscoring record at Bolton Wanderers
- Oxford United are unfazed by away record ahead of Bolton Wanderers trip, says skipper John Lundstram
- MOTOR RACING: Felipe Massa’s hoping rain gods take a break for Malaysian GP
- SWIMMING: Lilia Gilbert steals show with ten-medal haul for Didcot Barramundi
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Jon Bishop's break of 45 guides Thame to victory
- BOXING: South Moreton's Gavin Lissenden defends Queensbury League title