Group A leaders Didcot Conservative Club completed their Oxford Summer League season with a 5-1 home win over West Oxford Democrats Club, but they will have to wait to see if they will be champions, writes PETE EWINS.
Didcot finished with 27 points, and they will be keeping a close eye on Vikings Club (23½pts), who require four points at home to Berinsfield tonight to snatch the title form their grasp.
Vikings kept the hopes alive with a 4-2 win at Masons.
The match stood at 2-2 when Lewis Stratford (6,930) and Mike Jones (6,410) took the last two games to give Vikings victory.
Berinsfield (20½pts), meanwhile, need five points to finish runners-up.
In a Group B title decider, Blectchington Club (25pts), who drew 3-3 at Gladiators Club B, entertain leaders Marlborough Club B (26pts).
Gladiators Club A signed off with a 4-2 win at Marlborough Club A.
Adam Ingram was top scorer for the home side with 6,790, while Jenny Webb and Bob Pincombe won both their legs for Gladiators.
Vikings v Berinsfield, West Oxford Democrats v Masons, Gladiators A v Gladiators B, Bletchington v Marlborough B.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw at Northampton Town
- Northampton Town 0, Oxford United 0
- UPDATES - Northampton Town v Oxford United
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton jealous of Northampton Town pitch
- Chey Dunkley points to Oxford United's never-say-die spirit as key factor in battling on two fronts
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Back on the road and ready for another Cobblers clash
- ICE HOCKEY: Simon Anderson eyes final as Oxford City Stars begin play-off bid
- TABLE TENNIS: Karl Bushell wins Hewitt Cup for 11th time
- BOXING: Berinsfield earn clean sweep in Devon
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford's Andy Wallace nominated for Motor Sport Hall of Fame