Group A leaders Didcot Conservative Club completed their Oxford Summer League season with a 5-1 home win over West Oxford Democrats Club, but they will have to wait to see if they will be champions, writes PETE EWINS.
Didcot finished with 27 points, and they will be keeping a close eye on Vikings Club (23½pts), who require four points at home to Berinsfield tonight to snatch the title form their grasp.
Vikings kept the hopes alive with a 4-2 win at Masons.
The match stood at 2-2 when Lewis Stratford (6,930) and Mike Jones (6,410) took the last two games to give Vikings victory.
Berinsfield (20½pts), meanwhile, need five points to finish runners-up.
In a Group B title decider, Blectchington Club (25pts), who drew 3-3 at Gladiators Club B, entertain leaders Marlborough Club B (26pts).
Gladiators Club A signed off with a 4-2 win at Marlborough Club A.
Adam Ingram was top scorer for the home side with 6,790, while Jenny Webb and Bob Pincombe won both their legs for Gladiators.
Vikings v Berinsfield, West Oxford Democrats v Masons, Gladiators A v Gladiators B, Bletchington v Marlborough B.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Ryan Ledson and Ryan Hall to deliver twin boost for Oxford United tomorrow
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell focused on ensuring losing European Tour card is just a minor setback
- FOOTBALL: Southern League previews for Didcot, Wantage, Kidlington and Banbury
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins record first victory as last kick misses target
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor bury battling opponents with six-try display to stay top of the table
- GOLF: Final pair seal Foursomes crown for Frilford Heath
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks' chances go west as Isca edge tight contest
- RUGBY UNION: Bicester scrape home to narrow derby win against Wallingford
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford are overpowered by Littlemore
- DARTS: Oxfordshire take on leaders Hampshire