Group A leaders Didcot Conservative Club completed their Oxford Summer League season with a 5-1 home win over West Oxford Democrats Club, but they will have to wait to see if they will be champions, writes PETE EWINS.
Didcot finished with 27 points, and they will be keeping a close eye on Vikings Club (23½pts), who require four points at home to Berinsfield tonight to snatch the title form their grasp.
Vikings kept the hopes alive with a 4-2 win at Masons.
The match stood at 2-2 when Lewis Stratford (6,930) and Mike Jones (6,410) took the last two games to give Vikings victory.
Berinsfield (20½pts), meanwhile, need five points to finish runners-up.
In a Group B title decider, Blectchington Club (25pts), who drew 3-3 at Gladiators Club B, entertain leaders Marlborough Club B (26pts).
Gladiators Club A signed off with a 4-2 win at Marlborough Club A.
Adam Ingram was top scorer for the home side with 6,790, while Jenny Webb and Bob Pincombe won both their legs for Gladiators.
Vikings v Berinsfield, West Oxford Democrats v Masons, Gladiators A v Gladiators B, Bletchington v Marlborough B.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Macclesfield Town 0, Oxford United 0
- UPDATES - Maccclesfield Town v Oxford United
- Macclesfield tie is chance to repeat Oxford United’s FA Cup heroics – boss Michael Appleton
- Jonny Giles has ability and attitude to succeed, says City boss ahead of winger's return to Oxford United
- Fit-again Joe Rothwell hoping for Oxford United recall in John Lundstram's absence
- Paul Moody cannot wait for reunion 20 years in the making to celebrate Oxford United’s big finish
- Oxford United goalkeeper Simon Eastwood desperate to avoid becoming Emirates FA Cup headline
- Head coach Michael Appleton likely to shuffle Oxford United pack for Macclesfield Town clash
- RUGBY UNION: Naming Varsity Match squad has heightened Oxford University's focus, says captain Fergus Taylor
- GOLF: Triple bogey destroys Eddie Pepperell's chances of making the halfway cut