Group A leaders Didcot Conservative Club completed their Oxford Summer League season with a 5-1 home win over West Oxford Democrats Club, but they will have to wait to see if they will be champions, writes PETE EWINS.
Didcot finished with 27 points, and they will be keeping a close eye on Vikings Club (23½pts), who require four points at home to Berinsfield tonight to snatch the title form their grasp.
Vikings kept the hopes alive with a 4-2 win at Masons.
The match stood at 2-2 when Lewis Stratford (6,930) and Mike Jones (6,410) took the last two games to give Vikings victory.
Berinsfield (20½pts), meanwhile, need five points to finish runners-up.
In a Group B title decider, Blectchington Club (25pts), who drew 3-3 at Gladiators Club B, entertain leaders Marlborough Club B (26pts).
Gladiators Club A signed off with a 4-2 win at Marlborough Club A.
Adam Ingram was top scorer for the home side with 6,790, while Jenny Webb and Bob Pincombe won both their legs for Gladiators.
Vikings v Berinsfield, West Oxford Democrats v Masons, Gladiators A v Gladiators B, Bletchington v Marlborough B.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United loan target Tyler Roberts joins Sky Bet League One strugglers
- Oxford United closing in on first new signing of January transfer window
- FOOTBALL: Forget the table and just play, boss Mike Ford tells Banbury United
- RUGBY UNION: Late Basil Strang penalty earns Chinnor victory, but Henley Hawks are beaten
- RUGBY UNION: Witney, Banbury and Oxford Harlequins win, but Grove suffer away defeat
- DARTS: Big win keeps Kidlington Green in ODDA title race
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks lose vital ground after suffering heavy home defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford beat Harwell to claim local bragging rights
- RUGBY UNION: Victory for Bicester, but Gosford All Blacks and Wallingford lose out
- DARTS: Deta Hedman back for Oxfordshire's match in Gwent