Michael Vaughan, who captained England to their 2005 Ashes triumph, will be the guest speaker at the Cherwell League’s 40th anniversary presentation dinner at Oxford’s Kassam Stadium on Saturday, October 18.
Chairman Clive Ricks was thrilled to announce Vaughan, who has forged a career in broadcasting since he retired in 2009, will be the star turn at the evening.
He said: “To secure Michael Vaughan as our guest speaker is a major coup for the Cherwell League.
“As well as being an outstanding Ashes-winning England captain, Michael has quickly established himself as an excellent broadcaster on Test Match Special. “I am sure he will prove to be an integral part of our successful 40th anniversary season.”
Tickets, priced at £35 with a special offer of £25 for under 21s, are available through the league’s website, cherwellcricketleague.com.
Meanwhile, the Cherwell play the OCA in their rearranged representative match at Cumnor on Sunday.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Dealing with Firoz Kassam has been a weakness of mine, admits Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales
- Oxford United strategy is based on one player sale a summer, says Darryl Eales
- CRICKET: Warborough & Shillingford bowler Tim Chamberlain takes all ten wickets
- FOOTBALL: St Edmunds Under 18s bow out with double celebration
- AUNT SALLY: Roger Goodall and Pip Goulding lead New Club's comeback victory
- FOOTBALL: Summertown crowned champions after one defeat all season
- CRICKET: Witney Swifts flying high after George Seacole's all-round show
- CRICKET: Horspath slide to defeat as Waqar Mohammed takes five
- Darryl Eales: Takeover rumours 'unhelpful' to Oxford United's player recruitment
- DARTS: Democrats find it hard in ODDA top-flight opener