Michael Vaughan, who captained England to their 2005 Ashes triumph, will be the guest speaker at the Cherwell League’s 40th anniversary presentation dinner at Oxford’s Kassam Stadium on Saturday, October 18.
Chairman Clive Ricks was thrilled to announce Vaughan, who has forged a career in broadcasting since he retired in 2009, will be the star turn at the evening.
He said: “To secure Michael Vaughan as our guest speaker is a major coup for the Cherwell League.
“As well as being an outstanding Ashes-winning England captain, Michael has quickly established himself as an excellent broadcaster on Test Match Special. “I am sure he will prove to be an integral part of our successful 40th anniversary season.”
Tickets, priced at £35 with a special offer of £25 for under 21s, are available through the league’s website, cherwellcricketleague.com.
Meanwhile, the Cherwell play the OCA in their rearranged representative match at Cumnor on Sunday.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- UD Marbella to provide Oxford United's sole opposition at training camp in Spain
- Oxford United season ticket sales near 4,000 target
- Joe Skarz and Ryan Taylor thrilled to return injury-free for Oxford United's pre-season
- EFL Trophy controversy rumbles on with under 23 teams and shoot-outs for draws
- GOLF: Steady Eddie Pepperell gets off to solid start at the French Open
- BOWLS: Carterton suffer blow to Oxfordshire League Division 1 title hopes
- TENNIS: Oxfordshire teenager Alexis Canter handed junior Wimbledon wildcard
- ATHLETICS: Jade O'Dowda impresses to go top of under 17 heptathlon rankings
- BOWLS: Oxfordshire weather storm to beat Surrey in Middleton Cup
- RUBGY UNION: Theo Brophy-Clews relishing steep learning curve