Michael Vaughan, who captained England to their 2005 Ashes triumph, will be the guest speaker at the Cherwell League’s 40th anniversary presentation dinner at Oxford’s Kassam Stadium on Saturday, October 18.
Chairman Clive Ricks was thrilled to announce Vaughan, who has forged a career in broadcasting since he retired in 2009, will be the star turn at the evening.
He said: “To secure Michael Vaughan as our guest speaker is a major coup for the Cherwell League.
“As well as being an outstanding Ashes-winning England captain, Michael has quickly established himself as an excellent broadcaster on Test Match Special. “I am sure he will prove to be an integral part of our successful 40th anniversary season.”
Tickets, priced at £35 with a special offer of £25 for under 21s, are available through the league’s website, cherwellcricketleague.com.
Meanwhile, the Cherwell play the OCA in their rearranged representative match at Cumnor on Sunday.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- The derby games are great but it's not my problem, says Michael Appleton on Swindon Town's relegation
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Quickfire Oxford United striker Conor McAleny delighted at Millwall victory
- Oxford United midfielder Josh Ruffels revels in week to remember
- Michael Appleton hails Oxford United's 'outstanding' display in victory over Millwall
- FOOTBALL: Jefferson Louis fires in-form Oxford City to third straight victory
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town and North Leigh enjoy final-day victories, but Banbury United, Wantage Town and Kidlington are beaten
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire hold on to win thriller against Cornwall
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith finishes just outside the points in Austin MotoGP
- WEEKEND RESULTS: April 22-23