Michael Vaughan, who captained England to their 2005 Ashes triumph, will be the guest speaker at the Cherwell League’s 40th anniversary presentation dinner at Oxford’s Kassam Stadium on Saturday, October 18.
Chairman Clive Ricks was thrilled to announce Vaughan, who has forged a career in broadcasting since he retired in 2009, will be the star turn at the evening.
He said: “To secure Michael Vaughan as our guest speaker is a major coup for the Cherwell League.
“As well as being an outstanding Ashes-winning England captain, Michael has quickly established himself as an excellent broadcaster on Test Match Special. “I am sure he will prove to be an integral part of our successful 40th anniversary season.”
Tickets, priced at £35 with a special offer of £25 for under 21s, are available through the league’s website, cherwellcricketleague.com.
Meanwhile, the Cherwell play the OCA in their rearranged representative match at Cumnor on Sunday.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United face tense wait over Kemar Roofe's fitness for season finale
- Oxfordshire Senior Cup final details are confirmed
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United manager Mike Ford thrilled as his team win promotion play-off final
- RUGBY UNION: Oscar Heath racks up the points as Chinnor clinch top-six finish
- RUGBY UNION: Battling Oxfordshire suffer opening day defeat in County Championship Shield
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Ini Umotong's strike lifts Oxford United off the bottom
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL fall short against Toulouse Olympique
- DARTS: ODDA summer league all set to begin
- GOLF: Paterson and Averell help Studley Wood extend winning run
- Oxford United to host drinks and barbecue before crunch Wycombe clash