Michael Vaughan, who captained England to their 2005 Ashes triumph, will be the guest speaker at the Cherwell League’s 40th anniversary presentation dinner at Oxford’s Kassam Stadium on Saturday, October 18.
Chairman Clive Ricks was thrilled to announce Vaughan, who has forged a career in broadcasting since he retired in 2009, will be the star turn at the evening.
He said: “To secure Michael Vaughan as our guest speaker is a major coup for the Cherwell League.
“As well as being an outstanding Ashes-winning England captain, Michael has quickly established himself as an excellent broadcaster on Test Match Special. “I am sure he will prove to be an integral part of our successful 40th anniversary season.”
Tickets, priced at £35 with a special offer of £25 for under 21s, are available through the league’s website, cherwellcricketleague.com.
Meanwhile, the Cherwell play the OCA in their rearranged representative match at Cumnor on Sunday.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United loan extension appeals to Charlie Raglan
- Port Vale chief drops hint over new signing ahead of Oxford United clash
- Oxford United to honour 1996 promotion winners
- FOOTBALL: General manager Justin Merritt backs Oxford City to build on Poole Town win
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town boss Andy Ballard moves quickly to fill Luke Carnell void
- RUGBY UNION: Alan Hancock backs youthful Oxford Harlequins to step up in South West 1 East
- FOOTBALL: Elliott Osborne-Ricketts leaves North Leigh for Kidlington
- RUGBY UNION: Injured Henry de Berker to miss Oxford University's match against Croatia
- OxVox column: Do you have a football question for the police?
- ROWING: Joy for Headington at Evesham Junior Head