FA WOMEN’S SUPER LEAGUE 2
SARAH Wiltshire hit a hat-trick as Oxford United Women were hammered 6-0 at Yeovil Town, writes MATTHEW BRUCE.
Wiltshire struck three times in the second half after Helen Bleazard and Ellie Curson had put the hosts two goals up at the break, with Laura Bray also scoring.
United looked lively until Bleazard struck on 20 minutes, firing in the rebound after Wiltshire had hit the crossbar.
And Wiltshire was instrumental in the second goal as well, getting round the back of the United defence before crossing for Curson to poke home.
It took Wiltshire just three minutes after the re-start to get herself on the scoresheet, netting at the second attempt after the U's were caught on the counter.
And she bagged her second shortly after in spectacular style, lobbing goalkeeper Demi Lambourne with an outrageous 30-yard free-kick.
Despite losing keeper Rachel Simkin to injury and replacing her in goal with midfielder Stacey Pearson, Yeovil made it five when Bray found space in the box to fire into the bottom corner.
And it was Wiltshire who had the final say, beating Lambourne from a tight angle after latching onto a hopeful through ball.
Oxford United: Lambourne, Hines, Osborne-Ricketts, Chivers, Stanley, Allison (Nutman 33), Low, King (Fellows 82), Connor-Iommi, Simmonds (Pickett 82), Alexander. Subs not used: Franklin-Fraiture, Marshall, Nichol.
Referee: A Tranter.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- The derby games are great but it's not my problem, says Michael Appleton on Swindon Town's relegation
- WEEKEND RESULTS: April 22-23
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Millwall
- Millwall 0, Oxford United 3 (McAleny 6 & 8, Ruffels 71)
- UPDATES - Millwall v Oxford United
- Joe Rothwell hoping to silence Millwall fans in Oxford United's last away match of season
- Oxford United must be ready to roll up sleeves and battle for everything at Millwall, says boss Michael Appleton
- SHOW JUMPING: Bicester-based girls shine in leading pony show
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We've enjoyed some great moments on our away days this season
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford's Matt Chapman delighted to score points on his debut