Indian all-rounder Anupam Sanklecha took 5-33 and skipper Simon Hole hit an unbeaten 90 as Shipton-under-Wychwood won by four wickets at already-relegated Chesham in Serious Cricket Home Counties Premier League Division 2.
Sanklecha ripped through the defences of Matthew Rance, James Day and Mark Etten to leave the hosts 24-3 after they had been put in to bat.
However, Barnaby Atkins and Andy Goddard led a recovery for Chesham, taking the score to 108 before the former was out for 35.
Chesham had moved on to 177 when Jason Rance (26) had his stumps rattled by George Seacole.
Sanklecha’s return then pegged Chesham back as he bowled Jack Maciver and Matthew Yeabsley, before Goddard finally fell for 90 off 137 balls as the hosts closed on 220-8.
Shipton were then reduced to 12-2 as Ashley Turney removed Joe Barrett and Calvin Dickinson.
But Hole joined Ross Barrett to take the score to 119, before the opener was lbw to Christopher Rawle.
Craig Wood, Sanklecha and Shaun Cross all fell cheaply in the middle order, but Hole found a solid ally in Seacole (32no) as the pair took Shipton, aided by 50 extras, to victory with 4.2 overs to spare.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's victory at Rochdale
- Oxford United's win at Rochdale made amends for setbacks at AFC Wimbledon and Port Vale - Michael Appleton
- RUGBY UNION: Conor Kearns elected Oxford University captain
- Rochdale 0, Oxford United 4 (Johnson 18, Hall 29, Taylor 53, Ledson 73)
- UPDATES - Rochdale v Oxford United
- Oxford United handed boost with key Rochdale defender serving suspension
- Marvin Johnson looking for more of the same when Oxford United visit Rochdale
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We’re recharged for busy league and cup schedule
- SWIMMING: David Murphy delivers masterclass to set more records at Arena Pro Swim Series
- TABLE TENNIS: Bicester squeeze past Holton in Aubrey Hughes Handicap Shield opener