OXFORD City Nomads went second in the Uhlsport Hellenic League Premier Division after a 2-0 home victory over Brimscombe & Thrupp.
Nomads took advantage of all the FA Cup matches to jump two places in the table thanks to goals from John Rixon and Louis Joyce.
Carterton went goal crazy in Division 1 West, beating Tytherington Rocks 9-1 at Kilkenny Lane.
Aaron Witham, Dan Bishop and Jordan Cormack hit doubles, with Bradley Bryant, Reece Bayliss and Miguel Zubeldia also on target.
Clanfield scored twice in the opening five minutes as they beat Cirencester Town Development 2-1.
James Fleming and Rob Hoskin were on target for the hosts, with Danny Gudger replying.
Wantage Town Res ran out 3-1 winners at Shortwood United thanks to goals from Sam Barder, Sam Slater and Tai Hulbert-Thomas.
North Leigh United went down 4-3 at leaders Longlevens.
Ben Hucker, Alfie Saunders and Declan Shepperd scored for North Leigh, but Craig Martin’s hat-trick and a Ryan Hughes effort won it for the table-toppers.
Alex Thomas scored for Letcombe in their 1-1 draw at home to Lydney Town, while Hook Norton drew 0-0 at Purton.
Headington Amateurs were beaten by an Andrew Stidder goal as they lost 1-0 at leaders Easington Sports in Division 1 East.
Jamie Newport’s penalty gave Didcot Town Res a 1-0 win at Woodley Town, but Old Woodstock Town lost 3-0 at Penn & Tylers Green.
Alex Feaver was on target for Chinnor, but they had to settle for a 1-1 draw at Henley, for whom Louis Howell netted a 35th-minute equaliser.
Premier Div: Oxford City Nomads 2, Brimscombe & Tp 0.
Div 1 West: Carterton 9, Tytherington Rk 1; Clanfield 2, Cirencester Tn D 1; Letcombe 1, Lydney Tn 1; Longlevens AFC 4, North Leigh 3; Purton 0, Hook Norton 0; Shortwood Utd 1, Wantage Tn 3.
Div 1 East: Easington Sports 1, Headington Ams 0; Henley Tn 1, Chinnor 1; Penn & Tylers Green 3, Old Woodstock Tn 0; Woodley Tn 0, Didcot Tn Res 1.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- World Cup warm-up games come second to Oxford United's play-off push - Ryan Ledson
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell’s off to a steady start in South Africa
- Andy Cook appointed new manager of Oxford United women
- BAR BILLIARDS: Donnington Club stretch lead with whitewash win
- MOTORSPORT: Anything’s possible this season, says Renault driver Jolyon Palmer
- ROWING: Former Abingdon School pupil Tom Digby adds to his world record tally
- ICE HOCKEY: Lacklustre Oxford City Stars defeated as Milton Keynes Thunder take quick revenge
- AUNT SALLY: Banbury Cricket Club take Eynsham Winter League title in first season
- RUGBY UNION: Henley Hawks fined for breach of RFU agent rules
- ATHLETICS: Hannah Hale breaks Eynsham club record at Bramley 20