Nathan Hawkes hit a superb century as Banbury thrashed Oxford by 114 runs in their Serious Cricket Home Counties Premier League Division 1 derby at Roman Way.
The Oxfordshire star was the stand-out performer in the match, making 115 while no other batsman passed 20.
With the visitors put in to bat, Hawkes came to the wicket with his side 10-2 after Adam Price had bowled Craig Haupt and Ian Tew.
Lloyd Sabin then gave a catch to Oxford skipper Ian Crosby off Shami Mendis to make it 34-3.
Hawkes and an unusually subdued Jonny Cater set about repairing the damage, before the latter was stumped by Jamie Perkin off Andrew Clough for 11, with the score on 94.
Ed Phillips and Luke Ryan provided minor supporting roles, before falling to the spin of Mendis and Francois Vainker respectively.
And when Hawkes was run out by Stewart Laudat, Banbury had reached 202, with his runs coming off 127 balls and containing eight fours.
Ashley Blanchard and Dean Bartlett then took the total to 219-7 off their 50 overs.
The start of Oxford’s reply mirrored their opponents as Bartlett bowled Price and Perkin to leave them 4-2.
However, the New Zealander was then taken to hospital with an injured right hand after fielding a powerful drive off his own bowling.
Despite his absence, it was still pretty much a procession with Ollie Wright having Laudat caught by Tew, before Clough was trapped lbw by Blanchard and Crosby went in similar fashion to Wright, leaving the hosts 39-5.
Banbury skipper Jimmy Phillips accounted for Vainker, Mendis and Brad Sutherland with his off-spin, before taking the catch which ended Freddie Simon’s stay off Ryan’s left-arm spin.
Jimmy Phillips took his figures to 4-33 by polishing off Oxford by having last man Ian Evans caught by Wright, leaving John Barrett unbeaten on 20 as the hosts were shot out for 105 in 33.2 overs.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's penalty shoot-out win at Southend United
- Tyler Roberts holds his nerve as Oxford United make it third time lucky with shoot-out win over Southend
- Southend United 1 (Wordsworth 86), Oxford United 1 (Maguire 81) (Oxford win 4-3 on pens)
- Oxford United's Emirates FA Cup replay not selected for live television coverage
- RUGBY UNION: Former Oxford-based club London Welsh go into liquidation
- FOOTBALL: Eynsham SSC end three-month wait for win in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Double for Charlie Lee as unbeaten Berinsfield maintain North Berks League Division 1 title tilt
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh lose 3-0 lead as Hereford grab draw in eventful game for ex-Didcot Town men
- FOOTBALL: Ismael Liverpool shines as Cropredy go fourth
- FOOTBALL: Liam Jones grabs hat-trick as Bodicote Sports reach Under 12 KO Cup last four