ECB WOMEN’S MIDLANDS LEAGUE
A MAGNIFICENT unbeaten century from Chloe Hill saw Banbury to a six-wicket home victory over Moddershall.
Banbury, who climbed to second in the Division 2 table, did not have it all their own way, with Staffordshire side Moddershall reaching 195-5 from their 45 overs.
Hannah Day top-scored with 46, while Emily Ong took 1-14 in seven tight overs.
Hill led Banbury to 192-4 in just 25.2 overs, hitting 16 fours in her 102 not out, with Charlotte Boland unbeaten on 26.
Moddershall 190-5 (H Day 46, S Hickman 36no, J Bloor 33), Banbury 192-4 (C Hill 102no, H Day 3-45).
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's penalty shoot-out win at Southend United
- Tyler Roberts holds his nerve as Oxford United make it third time lucky with shoot-out win over Southend
- Southend United 1 (Wordsworth 86), Oxford United 1 (Maguire 81) (Oxford win 4-3 on pens)
- Oxford United's Emirates FA Cup replay not selected for live television coverage
- FOOTBALL: Eynsham SSC end three-month wait for win in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Double for Charlie Lee as unbeaten Berinsfield maintain North Berks League Division 1 title tilt
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh lose 3-0 lead as Hereford grab draw in eventful game for ex-Didcot Town men
- FOOTBALL: Ismael Liverpool shines as Cropredy go fourth
- FOOTBALL: Liam Jones grabs hat-trick as Bodicote Sports reach Under 12 KO Cup last four
- FOOTBALL: Cumnor Minors beat Tower Hill on penalties in Under 15 KO Cup