ECB WOMEN’S MIDLANDS LEAGUE
A MAGNIFICENT unbeaten century from Chloe Hill saw Banbury to a six-wicket home victory over Moddershall.
Banbury, who climbed to second in the Division 2 table, did not have it all their own way, with Staffordshire side Moddershall reaching 195-5 from their 45 overs.
Hannah Day top-scored with 46, while Emily Ong took 1-14 in seven tight overs.
Hill led Banbury to 192-4 in just 25.2 overs, hitting 16 fours in her 102 not out, with Charlotte Boland unbeaten on 26.
Moddershall 190-5 (H Day 46, S Hickman 36no, J Bloor 33), Banbury 192-4 (C Hill 102no, H Day 3-45).
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- We have no reason to change preparations, says Oxford United striker Chris Maguire
- FOOTBALL: Oxford Blackbirds crowned Oxford Mail Youth League's Under 12 Division C champions
- Ollie Mersch's superb century for Minster Lovell brushes aside Combe
- Mike Ford hoping to keep star men at Banbury United
- CRICKET: Charlbury's Ashley Rump hammers super 196 not out to batter Radley in OCA
- AUNT SALLY: Barry Townsend so close to a maximum
- FOOTBALL: Berinsfield stay top but North Berks title hopes rest with rivals
- FOOTBALL: Horatio Hirst hammers four-timer as Oxfordshire seal title glory
- FOOTBALL: West Witney beat Carterton Town to boost Witney & District FA title challenge
- FOOTBALL: Heyford Athletic land treble with Banbury Charity Cup win