ECB WOMEN’S MIDLANDS LEAGUE
A MAGNIFICENT unbeaten century from Chloe Hill saw Banbury to a six-wicket home victory over Moddershall.
Banbury, who climbed to second in the Division 2 table, did not have it all their own way, with Staffordshire side Moddershall reaching 195-5 from their 45 overs.
Hannah Day top-scored with 46, while Emily Ong took 1-14 in seven tight overs.
Hill led Banbury to 192-4 in just 25.2 overs, hitting 16 fours in her 102 not out, with Charlotte Boland unbeaten on 26.
Moddershall 190-5 (H Day 46, S Hickman 36no, J Bloor 33), Banbury 192-4 (C Hill 102no, H Day 3-45).
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise
- FOOTBALL: Leaving North Leigh was not a decision I took lightly - manager Mark Gee
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Captain Kat Nutman leads by example as Oxford United beat Watford
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL suffer ninth-straight loss in Doncaster defeat
- FOOTBALL: Lewis Gabbidon lands double honour at Kidlington presentation night
- GOLF: Superb Adam Wootton wins CK Group PGA Kent Open Championship
- DARTS: Pairs whitewash seals it for Challow British Legion
- Johnny Mullins the high-profile departure as Oxford United announce retained list