ECB WOMEN’S MIDLANDS LEAGUE
A MAGNIFICENT unbeaten century from Chloe Hill saw Banbury to a six-wicket home victory over Moddershall.
Banbury, who climbed to second in the Division 2 table, did not have it all their own way, with Staffordshire side Moddershall reaching 195-5 from their 45 overs.
Hannah Day top-scored with 46, while Emily Ong took 1-14 in seven tight overs.
Hill led Banbury to 192-4 in just 25.2 overs, hitting 16 fours in her 102 not out, with Charlotte Boland unbeaten on 26.
Moddershall 190-5 (H Day 46, S Hickman 36no, J Bloor 33), Banbury 192-4 (C Hill 102no, H Day 3-45).
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's defeat at Southend United
- Michael Appleton fuming as Oxford United pay penalty for missing chances
- Southend midfielder admits he was lucky to still be on the pitch to net winner against Oxford United
- International call-up rules Benji Buchel out of two Oxford United games
- FOOTBALL: Marvel Mia Thomsen scores six for Kidlington in Oxford Mail Girls League
- FOOTBALL: Jack Self’s last-minute strike saves day as Banbury snatch point
- FOOTBALL: Joe Hanlon the star as Quarry Rovers dig out victory in 11-goal thriller
- FOOTBALL: Deadly Matthew Saunders sparks Long Wittenham victory
- FOOTBALL: Five for Jack Morton as Hanborough hammer Eynsham SSC
- FOOTBALL: Lusitanos hit nine to go top of Oxford City FA