ECB WOMEN’S MIDLANDS LEAGUE
A MAGNIFICENT unbeaten century from Chloe Hill saw Banbury to a six-wicket home victory over Moddershall.
Banbury, who climbed to second in the Division 2 table, did not have it all their own way, with Staffordshire side Moddershall reaching 195-5 from their 45 overs.
Hannah Day top-scored with 46, while Emily Ong took 1-14 in seven tight overs.
Hill led Banbury to 192-4 in just 25.2 overs, hitting 16 fours in her 102 not out, with Charlotte Boland unbeaten on 26.
Moddershall 190-5 (H Day 46, S Hickman 36no, J Bloor 33), Banbury 192-4 (C Hill 102no, H Day 3-45).
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor bury battling opponents with six-try display to stay top of the table
- GOLF: Final pair seal Foursomes crown for Frilford Heath
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks' chances go west as Isca edge tight contest
- RUGBY UNION: Bicester scrape home to narrow derby win against Wallingford
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford are overpowered by Littlemore
- DARTS: Oxfordshire take on leaders Hampshire
- There are some good signs, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton after 2-2 draw at Port Vale
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Curtis Nelson calls on Oxford United to learn from Port Vale draw
- Oxford United defender Joe Skarz happy with return from injury but frustrated with Port Vale draw