DUNLOP APRILIA SUPERTEEN CHALLENGE
OXFORDSHIRE’S Georgina Polden moved closer to a second-placed finish after three decent races in round seven at Anglesey.
The teenage motorbike racer, from Kidlington, tasted victory in race three after a runner-up finish in race two and an opening fourth place.
But her weekend ended on a disappointing note when she crashed on turn two in race four.
Polden qualified in fifth place, six seconds quicker than she had been the previous year.
Her highlight came in race three when she overtook championship leader Rory Skinner with four corners left.
Polden has two more rounds to negotiate – at Donington Park in September and Mallory Park in October.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows eyeing glory after heartbreak as a player
- TWICKENHAM: Captain Allan Purchase honoured to lead Oxfordshire in County Championship Plate final
- MOTORSPORT: Dominic Paul in dominant form for SPY
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire's history at the home of English rugby
- ANGLING: Kevin Jeacock takes victory
- TWICKENHAM: Matt Goode to play through the pain as Oxfordshire eye historic victory
- BOXING: Joe Gaul and Keenan Dallimore taste success
- More details on OxVox stadium bid - but talks 'on hold' due to U's takeover interest
- Liam Sercombe a step closer to Oxford United departure
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars part company with head coach Simon Anderson