DUNLOP APRILIA SUPERTEEN CHALLENGE
OXFORDSHIRE’S Georgina Polden moved closer to a second-placed finish after three decent races in round seven at Anglesey.
The teenage motorbike racer, from Kidlington, tasted victory in race three after a runner-up finish in race two and an opening fourth place.
But her weekend ended on a disappointing note when she crashed on turn two in race four.
Polden qualified in fifth place, six seconds quicker than she had been the previous year.
Her highlight came in race three when she overtook championship leader Rory Skinner with four corners left.
Polden has two more rounds to negotiate – at Donington Park in September and Mallory Park in October.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United loan target Tyler Roberts joins Sky Bet League One strugglers
- Oxford United closing in on first new signing of January transfer window
- FOOTBALL: Forget the table and just play, boss Mike Ford tells Banbury United
- RUGBY UNION: Late Basil Strang penalty earns Chinnor victory, but Henley Hawks are beaten
- RUGBY UNION: Witney, Banbury and Oxford Harlequins win, but Grove suffer away defeat
- DARTS: Big win keeps Kidlington Green in ODDA title race
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks lose vital ground after suffering heavy home defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford beat Harwell to claim local bragging rights
- RUGBY UNION: Victory for Bicester, but Gosford All Blacks and Wallingford lose out
- DARTS: Deta Hedman back for Oxfordshire's match in Gwent