DUNLOP APRILIA SUPERTEEN CHALLENGE
OXFORDSHIRE’S Georgina Polden moved closer to a second-placed finish after three decent races in round seven at Anglesey.
The teenage motorbike racer, from Kidlington, tasted victory in race three after a runner-up finish in race two and an opening fourth place.
But her weekend ended on a disappointing note when she crashed on turn two in race four.
Polden qualified in fifth place, six seconds quicker than she had been the previous year.
Her highlight came in race three when she overtook championship leader Rory Skinner with four corners left.
Polden has two more rounds to negotiate – at Donington Park in September and Mallory Park in October.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- James Roberts nets in Oxford United's pre-season draw at Bath
- Michael Appleton hopeful of sealing deals for attacking players next week
- ROWING: Constantine Louloudis eyes chance to extend GB's golden record at Rio Olympics
- FOOTBALL: Les Taylor backs Oxford United Women to learn from errors ahead of Everton clash
- BOXING: Bicester star Adi Burden impresses on professional debut with knockout victory
- CRICKET: Ian Caunce's century inspires Oxfordshire Over 60s to victory
- MOTORSPORT: Williams driver Valtteri Bottas looking forward to Finnish invasion at Hungarian Grand Prix
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Under 14s edged out in thriller
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford clean up at three-day gala
- ICE SKATING: Oxford skaters waltz off with medals at national championships