DUNLOP APRILIA SUPERTEEN CHALLENGE
OXFORDSHIRE’S Georgina Polden moved closer to a second-placed finish after three decent races in round seven at Anglesey.
The teenage motorbike racer, from Kidlington, tasted victory in race three after a runner-up finish in race two and an opening fourth place.
But her weekend ended on a disappointing note when she crashed on turn two in race four.
Polden qualified in fifth place, six seconds quicker than she had been the previous year.
Her highlight came in race three when she overtook championship leader Rory Skinner with four corners left.
Polden has two more rounds to negotiate – at Donington Park in September and Mallory Park in October.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Northampton Town 0, Oxford United 0
- UPDATES - Northampton Town v Oxford United
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton jealous of Northampton Town pitch
- Chey Dunkley points to Oxford United's never-say-die spirit as key factor in battling on two fronts
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Back on the road and ready for another Cobblers clash
- ICE HOCKEY: Simon Anderson eyes final as Oxford City Stars begin play-off bid
- TABLE TENNIS: Karl Bushell wins Hewitt Cup for 11th time
- BOXING: Berinsfield earn clean sweep in Devon
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford's Andy Wallace nominated for Motor Sport Hall of Fame
- SWIMMING: Ayanna Fulga stars as City of Oxford impress in Cardiff