DUNLOP APRILIA SUPERTEEN CHALLENGE
OXFORDSHIRE’S Georgina Polden moved closer to a second-placed finish after three decent races in round seven at Anglesey.
The teenage motorbike racer, from Kidlington, tasted victory in race three after a runner-up finish in race two and an opening fourth place.
But her weekend ended on a disappointing note when she crashed on turn two in race four.
Polden qualified in fifth place, six seconds quicker than she had been the previous year.
Her highlight came in race three when she overtook championship leader Rory Skinner with four corners left.
Polden has two more rounds to negotiate – at Donington Park in September and Mallory Park in October.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Simon Eastwood was always going to succeed with Oxford United, says defender Joe Skarz
- Bolton boss Phil Parkinson: We need to come out fighting against Oxford United
- Michael Appleton warns Oxford United of wounded Bolton Wanderers
- Chey Dunkley’s determined to continue rate of progress at Oxford United
- It's not a world I recognise, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton as football is rocked by corruption charges
- FOOTBALL: Manager John Brough eyes historic FA Cup run to build North Leigh support
- FOOTBALL: Boss Andy Ballard begins four-game ban as Didcot Town face Bishops Cleeve
- RUGBY UNION: In-form Chinnor wary of potential banana skin at Redingensians
- OxVox column: How I got with the programme
- Oxford United hit by Ryan Ledson injury blow