SAINSBURY’S SCHOOL GAMES
SIMI Fajemisin, a dual gold medallist at the English Schools’ Track & Field Championships, leads Oxfordshire’s challenge as she chases more titles in Sheffield next week.
The 16-year-old long jump star, from Headington School, is among six Oxon athletes who will be in action at the multi-sport games, which take place from Thursday to Sunday.
Hammer thrower Amy Herrington (Gillotts, Henley) and 800m runner Ben Claridge (King Alfred’s Academy), who both won English Schools’ silvers at Birmingham, are also in action.
They are joined by fellow athletes Eleanor Hubbert (Burford), Tim Stephens (Magdalen College School) and Megan Humphreys (Chipping Norton).
Oxfordshire are also represented in badminton by Alex Cook (Lord Williams’s, Thame) and rugby sevens by Olivia Jones (Cokethorpe, Witney).
Four Oxfordshire students will also take part in the Talent Inspiration Programme, which is not part of the games, but looks to use the event to inspire the development of promising youngsters.
Athletes Jess Barker (Burford), Victoria Harte and Sebastian Hartwell (both Warriner, Bloxham) feature here along with footballer Jack Tutton (Wheatley Park).
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- There are some good signs, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton after 2-2 draw at Port Vale
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Curtis Nelson calls on Oxford United to learn from Port Vale draw
- Oxford United defender Joe Skarz happy with return from injury but frustrated with Port Vale draw
- FOOTBALL: Skipper Scott Davies is sent off as depleted Oxford City hold on for point
- Weekend results: October 22 & 23
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United's fine unbeaten run is ended at hands of Frome
- FOOTBALL: Last-gasp Jordan Graham goal earns Didcot Town a point at Hereford
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith pleased with points haul at Phillip Island
- MOTORSPORT: Felipe Massa lands top ten spot for Williams at US Grand Prix