SAINSBURY’S SCHOOL GAMES
SIMI Fajemisin, a dual gold medallist at the English Schools’ Track & Field Championships, leads Oxfordshire’s challenge as she chases more titles in Sheffield next week.
The 16-year-old long jump star, from Headington School, is among six Oxon athletes who will be in action at the multi-sport games, which take place from Thursday to Sunday.
Hammer thrower Amy Herrington (Gillotts, Henley) and 800m runner Ben Claridge (King Alfred’s Academy), who both won English Schools’ silvers at Birmingham, are also in action.
They are joined by fellow athletes Eleanor Hubbert (Burford), Tim Stephens (Magdalen College School) and Megan Humphreys (Chipping Norton).
Oxfordshire are also represented in badminton by Alex Cook (Lord Williams’s, Thame) and rugby sevens by Olivia Jones (Cokethorpe, Witney).
Four Oxfordshire students will also take part in the Talent Inspiration Programme, which is not part of the games, but looks to use the event to inspire the development of promising youngsters.
Athletes Jess Barker (Burford), Victoria Harte and Sebastian Hartwell (both Warriner, Bloxham) feature here along with footballer Jack Tutton (Wheatley Park).
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Northampton Town 0, Oxford United 0
- UPDATES - Northampton Town v Oxford United
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton jealous of Northampton Town pitch
- Chey Dunkley points to Oxford United's never-say-die spirit as key factor in battling on two fronts
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Back on the road and ready for another Cobblers clash
- ICE HOCKEY: Simon Anderson eyes final as Oxford City Stars begin play-off bid
- TABLE TENNIS: Karl Bushell wins Hewitt Cup for 11th time
- BOXING: Berinsfield earn clean sweep in Devon
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford's Andy Wallace nominated for Motor Sport Hall of Fame
- SWIMMING: Ayanna Fulga stars as City of Oxford impress in Cardiff