SAINSBURY’S SCHOOL GAMES
SIMI Fajemisin, a dual gold medallist at the English Schools’ Track & Field Championships, leads Oxfordshire’s challenge as she chases more titles in Sheffield next week.
The 16-year-old long jump star, from Headington School, is among six Oxon athletes who will be in action at the multi-sport games, which take place from Thursday to Sunday.
Hammer thrower Amy Herrington (Gillotts, Henley) and 800m runner Ben Claridge (King Alfred’s Academy), who both won English Schools’ silvers at Birmingham, are also in action.
They are joined by fellow athletes Eleanor Hubbert (Burford), Tim Stephens (Magdalen College School) and Megan Humphreys (Chipping Norton).
Oxfordshire are also represented in badminton by Alex Cook (Lord Williams’s, Thame) and rugby sevens by Olivia Jones (Cokethorpe, Witney).
Four Oxfordshire students will also take part in the Talent Inspiration Programme, which is not part of the games, but looks to use the event to inspire the development of promising youngsters.
Athletes Jess Barker (Burford), Victoria Harte and Sebastian Hartwell (both Warriner, Bloxham) feature here along with footballer Jack Tutton (Wheatley Park).
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Chris Maguire hails Oxford United resilience after hitting back for draw
- Kane Hemmings hopes impact from bench can lead to Oxford United start
- We will always have a go, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton
- FOOTBALL Oxford City lose their way on nightmare day as they slip into the bottom two
- WEEKEND RESULTS September 24 & 25
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United hit three-goal blitz to land another win
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Charlton Athletic
- Charlton boss Russell Slade unhappy with side over Oxford United equaliser
- MOTOR SPORT: Bradley Smith makes speedy recovery to line up in Japan