Aston Rowant are confident they can beat Serious Cricket Home Counties Premier League Division 1 title favourites Henley at Butts Way tomorrow and boost their survival hopes.
That is the view of batsman Chris Watling, whose side are just three points above the relegation zone after losing at Gerrards Cross last week.
Watling said: “It is a huge match again this weekend, with Henley obviously looking to win the title.
“It is going to be a tense couple of weeks for us.
“We are positive we can beat them, and if we do, it will be a huge step towards avoiding relegation.”
Watling (work commitments) and Gordon Harris miss out, with Leo Bethell and Miles Hammond coming in.
Adam Price, Brad Sutherland, Freddie Simon and John Barrett return for Oxford’s home derby against Banbury.
Mark Beer (ankle), Joe Porter (unavailable) and Vishane Perera miss out in a squad of 12 as Oxford seek the nine points they need to be mathematically safe.
Captain Ian Crosby said: “We have messed up two run chases in the last two weeks.
“We now have a derby against Banbury, which everyone will be up for, to put that right.”
Ed Phillips replaces Richard West (moving house) as Banbury’s only change.
Aston Rowant (v Henley, home): Morgan, Hammond, Matthews, Cook, Ferraby, J Smith, Morrick (capt), Penhale, Muttit, Kazmi, Bethell.
Oxford (v Banbury, home): from Laudat, Sutherland, Perkin, Vainker, Crosby (capt), Mendis, Clough, I Evans, Eltham, Price, Simon, Barrett.
Banbury (v Oxford, away): L Sabin, Haupt, Tew, Hawkes, Cater, E Phillips, Ryan, Bartlett, Blanchard, Wright, J Phillips (capt).
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Kemar Roofe back in training with Oxford United to test ankle injury ahead of season finale
- David Rush backs Oxford United to hold nerve and replicate class of '96
- Mike Ford urges Oxford United not to hand any incentive to rivals
- BAR BILLIARDS: Marlborough Club land Oxford League Section 2 title
- BOWLS: Holders Headington cruise into Oxfordshire League Cup quarter-finals
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell hits the road in Morocco
- WEIGHLIFTING: Oxpower trio lift medals
- GYMNASTICS: Woodstock youngsters win gold in UK regional competition
- NETBALL:Didcot's Helen Grindey is honoured
- ATHLETICS: Les Newell claims victory as Oxford City dominate Mota-vation Series opener