THAME hosted a Home Counties representative side in the final special event of the club’s 90th anniversary season.
The six-rink match saw the hosts take on teams from Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Kent, Surrey, Middlesex and Sussex.
After being welcomed by club president Hazel Westcott and captain Vic Brooks, the matches were largely competitive throughout.
The visitors ended up winning by 17 shots overall, but Thame won on two rinks and were edged out on another two by a single shot.
After the matches David Todd, captain and chairman of the Home Counties Bowling Association, presented gifts to Westcott and Brooks.
Thame’s anniversary season is due to conclude on September 20.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Kemar Roofe back in training with Oxford United to test ankle injury ahead of season finale
- David Rush backs Oxford United to hold nerve and replicate class of '96
- Mike Ford urges Oxford United not to hand any incentive to rivals
- BAR BILLIARDS: Marlborough Club land Oxford League Section 2 title
- BOWLS: Holders Headington cruise into Oxfordshire League Cup quarter-finals
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell hits the road in Morocco
- WEIGHLIFTING: Oxpower trio lift medals
- GYMNASTICS: Woodstock youngsters win gold in UK regional competition
- NETBALL:Didcot's Helen Grindey is honoured
- ATHLETICS: Les Newell claims victory as Oxford City dominate Mota-vation Series opener