THAME hosted a Home Counties representative side in the final special event of the club’s 90th anniversary season.
The six-rink match saw the hosts take on teams from Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Kent, Surrey, Middlesex and Sussex.
After being welcomed by club president Hazel Westcott and captain Vic Brooks, the matches were largely competitive throughout.
The visitors ended up winning by 17 shots overall, but Thame won on two rinks and were edged out on another two by a single shot.
After the matches David Todd, captain and chairman of the Home Counties Bowling Association, presented gifts to Westcott and Brooks.
Thame’s anniversary season is due to conclude on September 20.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Ex-Oxford United star Jamie Cook proud of career after hanging up football boots to turn attention to golf
- POINT-TO-POINT: Big names jockeys sign up for Anglo-Irish challenge at Kingston Blount
- ROWING: Oxford City's Josie Nash and Eilish Turner-Frick shine in Inter-Regional Championships
- ATHLETICS: Abingdon's Paul Fernandez impresses in London Marathon
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: James Walter’s double earns Oxford Saints their first victory
- ATHLETICS: Banbury Harriers win UK Youth Development League opener
- BAR BILLIARDS: Donnington Club close in on Division 1 crown
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Brookes students to host charity sevens tournament
- Roger James bags brace as North Leigh beat youthful Oxford United to lift Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- HORSE RACING: Mark Bradstock thrilled with Coneygree's return to action