THAME hosted a Home Counties representative side in the final special event of the club’s 90th anniversary season.
The six-rink match saw the hosts take on teams from Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Kent, Surrey, Middlesex and Sussex.
After being welcomed by club president Hazel Westcott and captain Vic Brooks, the matches were largely competitive throughout.
The visitors ended up winning by 17 shots overall, but Thame won on two rinks and were edged out on another two by a single shot.
After the matches David Todd, captain and chairman of the Home Counties Bowling Association, presented gifts to Westcott and Brooks.
Thame’s anniversary season is due to conclude on September 20.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Watch goals from new Oxford United striker Wes Thomas
- Oxford United sign striker Wes Thomas and defender Aaron Martin
- Oxford United's new faces help take squad to higher level, says Michael Appleton
- ATHLETICS: Nathan Douglas upbeat heading into make-or-break Olympic trials
- ANGLING: Littlemore ease into Supercup semi-finals
- BOXING: Darius Skop dominates in win over rival Jody Meikle
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Over 60s in last-over victory
- CRICKET: Dylan Driscoll stars in Oxfordshire Under 10s victory
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison recovers from penalty to move top of the standings
- LACROSSE: Oxford City to hold taster session for all abilities