THAME hosted a Home Counties representative side in the final special event of the club’s 90th anniversary season.
The six-rink match saw the hosts take on teams from Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Kent, Surrey, Middlesex and Sussex.
After being welcomed by club president Hazel Westcott and captain Vic Brooks, the matches were largely competitive throughout.
The visitors ended up winning by 17 shots overall, but Thame won on two rinks and were edged out on another two by a single shot.
After the matches David Todd, captain and chairman of the Home Counties Bowling Association, presented gifts to Westcott and Brooks.
Thame’s anniversary season is due to conclude on September 20.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United net glamour pre-season date with Premier League champions Leicester City
- FOOTBALL: Teams to play in tournament in memory of Derek Measor
- FOOTBALL: Charlbury Town Under 12s land national title with 2-0 victory at King Power Stadium
- CRICKET: Cherwell League round-up – Dominant Cumnor again thwarted by weather
- CRICKET: OCA League round-up – Atkins stars as Charlbury beat Stonesfield and the rain
- AUNT SALLY: Magnificent Andy Lewis goes close to joining the maximum men in Greene King Oxford & District League
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise
- FOOTBALL: Leaving North Leigh was not a decision I took lightly - manager Mark Gee