THAME hosted a Home Counties representative side in the final special event of the club’s 90th anniversary season.
The six-rink match saw the hosts take on teams from Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Kent, Surrey, Middlesex and Sussex.
After being welcomed by club president Hazel Westcott and captain Vic Brooks, the matches were largely competitive throughout.
The visitors ended up winning by 17 shots overall, but Thame won on two rinks and were edged out on another two by a single shot.
After the matches David Todd, captain and chairman of the Home Counties Bowling Association, presented gifts to Westcott and Brooks.
Thame’s anniversary season is due to conclude on September 20.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Bolton Wanderers 0, Oxford United 2 (Thomas 81, Maguire 90)
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match at Bolton?
- UPDATES - Bolton Wanderers v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: The players are determined to show their fighting spirit
- Oxford United hoping Kane Hemmings can end unlucky goalscoring record at Bolton Wanderers
- Oxford United are unfazed by away record ahead of Bolton Wanderers trip, says skipper John Lundstram
- MOTOR RACING: Felipe Massa’s hoping rain gods take a break for Malaysian GP
- SWIMMING: Lilia Gilbert steals show with ten-medal haul for Didcot Barramundi
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Jon Bishop's break of 45 guides Thame to victory
- BOXING: South Moreton's Gavin Lissenden defends Queensbury League title