Edwin Stein has resigned as manager of Banbury United following yesterday's 5-0 home thrashing by Cirencester Town.
It was Banbury's sixth straight defeat in the Southern League Premier Division since the start of the season.
Stein had been in charge since September 2012.
A statement from Banbury United said: "The club can confirm following yesterday's home defeat to Cirencester Town that Edwin Stein has resigned as manager of the club.
"The club would like to place on record their appreciation of the work and effort that Edwin has put in over the last two years in very difficult circumstances and wish him all the best in the future."
Former Oxford City, Witney Town, Banbury United and Didcot Town coach and Abingdon Town manager Paul Davis will be in charge of team affairs at Frome Town on Saturday.
The club statement added that further statements regarding the management position in the long term would be made in due course.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Charlton Athletic
- Conor McAleny delighted to get off mark by firing Oxford United to win at Charlton Athletic
- Oxford United selected for live television coverage
- Long-serving Oxford United coach Richard Blackmore steps down
- Michael Appleton: It would have been a risk not to freshen up Oxford United for trip to Charlton
- Charlton Athletic 0, Oxford United 1 (McAleny 11)
- RUGBY UNION: Witney earn win despite Callum Godfrey dismissal
- FOOTBALL: David Murphy and Max Palmer smash hat-tricks for Berinsfield
- FOOTBALL: Hanborough book Fred Ford Cup final spot in style with rousing victory over Carterton Town A
- UPDATES - Charlton Athletic v Oxford United