Edwin Stein has resigned as manager of Banbury United following yesterday's 5-0 home thrashing by Cirencester Town.
It was Banbury's sixth straight defeat in the Southern League Premier Division since the start of the season.
Stein had been in charge since September 2012.
A statement from Banbury United said: "The club can confirm following yesterday's home defeat to Cirencester Town that Edwin Stein has resigned as manager of the club.
"The club would like to place on record their appreciation of the work and effort that Edwin has put in over the last two years in very difficult circumstances and wish him all the best in the future."
Former Oxford City, Witney Town, Banbury United and Didcot Town coach and Abingdon Town manager Paul Davis will be in charge of team affairs at Frome Town on Saturday.
The club statement added that further statements regarding the management position in the long term would be made in due course.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- I moved to Oxford United to realise potential, says Ryan Ledson
- Chris Wilder: No place for Sheffield United to hide in "massive" game with Oxford United
- Oxford United confident new scoreboard will be installed shortly
- Benji Buchel call-up raises issue of Oxford United recalling Jack Stevens’ loan from Oxford City
- My Oxford United debut is a boost for all the club's youngsters - Miles Welch-Hayes
- OxVox column: Oxford United make a difference, thanks to generous supporters
- Michael Appleton happy with Oxford United options after Ryan Ledson's arrival
- FOOTBALL: Captain Scott Davies backs Oxford City to build on slow start to Vanarama National League South campaign
- CRICKET: Will Eason backs Division 2 leaders Horspath to finish the job without Rameez Raja
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town sign Oxford United's Jordan Graham on loan ahead of Larkhall Athletic clash