Edwin Stein has resigned as manager of Banbury United following yesterday's 5-0 home thrashing by Cirencester Town.
It was Banbury's sixth straight defeat in the Southern League Premier Division since the start of the season.
Stein had been in charge since September 2012.
A statement from Banbury United said: "The club can confirm following yesterday's home defeat to Cirencester Town that Edwin Stein has resigned as manager of the club.
"The club would like to place on record their appreciation of the work and effort that Edwin has put in over the last two years in very difficult circumstances and wish him all the best in the future."
Former Oxford City, Witney Town, Banbury United and Didcot Town coach and Abingdon Town manager Paul Davis will be in charge of team affairs at Frome Town on Saturday.
The club statement added that further statements regarding the management position in the long term would be made in due course.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United explore possibility of fourth stand for Wycombe clash
- Oxford United are where we want to be, says Carlisle United manager Keith Curle
- James Roberts eyeing a happy ending with Oxford United after horrible season
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton hoping for different emotion on return to 'bobbins' Brunton Park
- Liam Sercombe hungry to hit one last goal target for Oxford United this season
- Deadline for Oxford United awards voting is today
- FOOTBALL: We should hold our heads high, says Oxford City general manager Justin Merritt
- RUGBY UNION: Injury-hit Oxfordshire are still strong, says head coach Craig Burrows
- FOOTBALL: Mike Ford wants more of the same as Banbury United prepare for play-off final
- CRICKET: Captain Luke Ryan calls on Oxfordshire to step up for Unicorns Counties Trophy opener