Didcot Tn 3
(Mills 45+2, 68, 78)
Fleet Tn 0
John Mills capped a brilliant team performance with a hat-trick as Didcot Town beat ten-man Fleet Town in Southern League Division 1 South & West.
Didcot gave a start to fit-again Ryan Brooks, but he lasted only 16 minutes, before suffering a recurrence of his hamstring injury.
However, seconds before the half-time whistle, Mills took advantage of a mix-up in the Fleet defence to give Didcot the lead.
Fleet were reduced to ten men shortly after the hour mark when James Scott was sent off for foul and abusive language to the referee.
Mills coolly slotted home his second, before completing his hat-trick with a strike from outside the area.
Didcot Tn: Foster, Longford, Heapy, Self, Carnell, Learoyd, Dutton-Black, Clark, Mills (Baines 85), Brooks (Haysham 16), Whitehead (Abrahart 78). Subs not used: Janes, McKirnan.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United give Conor McAleny deadline on contract offer
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Fightback comes too late to save Oxford Saints against Brighton
- RUGBY UNION: Keble celebrate Oxford University Men's Cup triumph
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's veterans set the pace to clinch national road relays gold
- BOWLS: Champions Carterton are run close by Banbury Central
- BAR BILLIARDS: Vikings A exact revenge to reach KO final
- RUGBY UNION: Banbury set up girls side for the first time
- BOWLS: Orren Benfield and David Leighfield land Oxfordshire Under 25 pairs title
- Dealing with Firoz Kassam has been a weakness of mine, admits Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales
- Oxford United strategy is based on one player sale a summer, says Darryl Eales