Didcot Tn 3
(Mills 45+2, 68, 78)
Fleet Tn 0
John Mills capped a brilliant team performance with a hat-trick as Didcot Town beat ten-man Fleet Town in Southern League Division 1 South & West.
Didcot gave a start to fit-again Ryan Brooks, but he lasted only 16 minutes, before suffering a recurrence of his hamstring injury.
However, seconds before the half-time whistle, Mills took advantage of a mix-up in the Fleet defence to give Didcot the lead.
Fleet were reduced to ten men shortly after the hour mark when James Scott was sent off for foul and abusive language to the referee.
Mills coolly slotted home his second, before completing his hat-trick with a strike from outside the area.
Didcot Tn: Foster, Longford, Heapy, Self, Carnell, Learoyd, Dutton-Black, Clark, Mills (Baines 85), Brooks (Haysham 16), Whitehead (Abrahart 78). Subs not used: Janes, McKirnan.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United players draw breath before Wembley
- Wembley tickets to go on sale at Oxford United
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town defender Sam Elkins banned for five games after involvement in pitch invasion against Hereford
- BOWLS: AJ Docherty nicks Oxfordshire indoor singles title in thrilling final
- ROWING: Headington School rule roost once again
- RUGBY UNION: Former London Welsh back Alan Awcock enjoying new career after ending professional playing days
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins prop Matt Edney set for year-long New Zealand trip
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars demolished by London Raiders in play-offs
- RUGBY UNION: Tom Stileman, Jordan Brodley and Sam Pointon named in England Students squad for Ireland Universities clash at Iffley Road
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City’s Stewart Thorp helps Great Britain win silver at Indoor World Masters Championships