Didcot Tn 3
(Mills 45+2, 68, 78)
Fleet Tn 0
John Mills capped a brilliant team performance with a hat-trick as Didcot Town beat ten-man Fleet Town in Southern League Division 1 South & West.
Didcot gave a start to fit-again Ryan Brooks, but he lasted only 16 minutes, before suffering a recurrence of his hamstring injury.
However, seconds before the half-time whistle, Mills took advantage of a mix-up in the Fleet defence to give Didcot the lead.
Fleet were reduced to ten men shortly after the hour mark when James Scott was sent off for foul and abusive language to the referee.
Mills coolly slotted home his second, before completing his hat-trick with a strike from outside the area.
Didcot Tn: Foster, Longford, Heapy, Self, Carnell, Learoyd, Dutton-Black, Clark, Mills (Baines 85), Brooks (Haysham 16), Whitehead (Abrahart 78). Subs not used: Janes, McKirnan.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United fans in a hurry to snap-up season tickets
- CRICKET: Shipton-under-Wychwood skipper Charlie Brain eyeing derby joy at Horspath
- CRICKET: Banbury skipper Lloyd Sabin excited to take on Division 1 champions High Wycombe
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Over 50s B get off to flying start in County Championship
- Tennis fever sweeps Oxfordshire as Davis Cup comes to Abingdon
- Striker George Jeacock signs professional contract with Oxford United
- Oxford United supporters' group OxVox say season ticket rise is 'expected and accepted' by most fans
- Oxford United: Season ticket price increase necessary to compete in League One
- ICE HOCKEY: Highly-rated Ben Nethersell on board with Oxford City Stars as duo re-sign
- GOLF: Steady first round from Eddie Pepperell at Wentworth