Didcot Tn 3
(Mills 45+2, 68, 78)
Fleet Tn 0
John Mills capped a brilliant team performance with a hat-trick as Didcot Town beat ten-man Fleet Town in Southern League Division 1 South & West.
Didcot gave a start to fit-again Ryan Brooks, but he lasted only 16 minutes, before suffering a recurrence of his hamstring injury.
However, seconds before the half-time whistle, Mills took advantage of a mix-up in the Fleet defence to give Didcot the lead.
Fleet were reduced to ten men shortly after the hour mark when James Scott was sent off for foul and abusive language to the referee.
Mills coolly slotted home his second, before completing his hat-trick with a strike from outside the area.
Didcot Tn: Foster, Longford, Heapy, Self, Carnell, Learoyd, Dutton-Black, Clark, Mills (Baines 85), Brooks (Haysham 16), Whitehead (Abrahart 78). Subs not used: Janes, McKirnan.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Fixture changes for Oxford United include derby at Swindon Town
- WATCH: Oxford United players undergo gruelling tests on first day of pre-season
- Oxford United will start pre-season training at Bisham Abbey while work is done at Roman Way
- Liam Sercombe relishing seeing Oxford United teammates again – but not looking forward to pre-season tests
- CRICKET: Ben Knowler's late spell helps send Aston Rowant top of Cherwell League Division 1
- FOOTBALL: Mick Conmy wins top honour at Oxfordshire FA awards
- HOCKEY: Dan Fox gets Olympic call
- AUNT SALLY: Lee Thompson and Mick Berry help steer Swan A to top of Premier Section
- CRICKET: Swashbuckling Nigel Hume hammers 46-ball century as unbeaten Faringdon march on
- AUNT SALLY: Dave Dix so close to maximum in Abingdon & District League