Bishops Cleeve 3
(Mansell pen 35, pen 81, Price 84)
North Leigh 3
(McNish 16, 83, Osborne-Ricketts 61)
North Leigh let a lead slip three times as they were held to a draw at bottom club Bishops Cleeve in Southern League Division 1 South & West.
Callum McNish’s shot took a sharp deflection for the Millers’ opener, but Richard Mansell levelled with a penalty, for a foul by Andy Gunn.
Two minutes later, North Leigh’s Kieran Sanders had a penalty easily saved by Steve Benbow.
Elliott Osborne-Ricketts restored North Leigh’s lead after the break, but Mansell scored his second spot-kick following a Gunn foul.
McNish headed North Leigh ahead again, only for Charlie Price to hammer home a spectacular shot.
North Leigh: Bulman, Else, M Woodley (Hopkins 56), Hole, Gunn, Westlake (A Woodley 64), Osborne-Ricketts, McNish, Williams (Ingram 70), Sanders, Bowles. Subs not used: Turk, Eadle.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire beat Sussex in dramatic Twickenham final
- TWICKENHAM: Captain Allan Purchase honoured to lead Oxfordshire in County Championship Plate final
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows eyeing glory after heartbreak as a player
- TWICKENHAM: Banbury duo Ed Phillips and Sam Stoop relishing chance to make history for Oxfordshire
- TWICKENHAM: A busy week on and off the pitch for finalists Oxfordshire
- Oxford United young gun Malachi Napa has career immortalised in a comic strip by West Ham
- CRICKET: Ian Caunce stars for Oxfordshire veterans
- MOTORSPORT: Dominic Paul in dominant form for SPY
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire's history at the home of English rugby
- ANGLING: Kevin Jeacock takes victory