UNICORNS COUNTIES TROPHY FINAL PREVIEW
JONNY Cater says balance has been the key to Oxfordshire’s one-day success this season.
Oxon have won six out of six 50-over matches to reach tomorrow’s final against Devon, putting in some strong performances.
Wicket-keeper/batsman Cater’s has maintained his run-scoring form from 2013, including an unbeaten century in the semi-final victory over Wiltshire.
But he stressed Oxon’s success was about more than just individual displays.
“It is the balance we have got in the side,” said Cater.
“We have got some proper batsmen at the top of the order and then some big hitting with the likes of Chad Keegan and Luke Ryan coming in at seven or eight.
“We’ve got a really good 50 overs side with an attacking batting line-up and a good mix of bowlers.
“In other teams there may be two or three spaces that are lacking, but we are able to cover all areas.
“We’ve played some good teams on the way to the final and have dominated each one.”
Cater added: “Devon are a top outfit. They have got some real quality players.
“I imagine they will have some Somerset-contracted players, as they have in previous rounds.
“We know it’s going to be a tough game, but there is nothing to say we can’t go there and win.
“If we play our best I have no doubt we will win.
“We have momentum, but it is important to keep it going.”
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Millwall
- Millwall 0, Oxford United 3 (McAleny 6 & 8, Ruffels 71)
- UPDATES - Millwall v Oxford United
- Joe Rothwell hoping to silence Millwall fans in Oxford United's last away match of season
- Oxford United must be ready to roll up sleeves and battle for everything at Millwall, says boss Michael Appleton
- SHOW JUMPING: Bicester-based girls shine in leading pony show
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We've enjoyed some great moments on our away days this season
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford's Matt Chapman delighted to score points on his debut
- MOTORSPORT: KTM are on learning curve in United States admits Oxfordshire's Bradley Smith
- BILLIARDS: Lewis Moss & Connor Jones win pairs final