HANNAH England said she was satisfied with her seventh-place finish in Birmingham yesterday, despite being out of her comfort zone.
The Oxford City athlete, who reached the finals of the Commonwealth Games and European Championship 1500m events, was running over the shorter 800m distance.
And although she was well behind race winner Lynsey Sharp, England was happy.
“I was really hurting with 300m left as I am not used to going through at that pace, but I am glad I gave it a go,” she said.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- ANGLING: Champions Drennan win again thanks to the Hobbs
- Patient Joe Rothwell hoping first Oxford United start left a lasting impression
- Chris Maguire surprised to become viral star with Oxford United goal celebration
- Michael Appleton urges Oxford United to believe they belong at Bramall Lane
- Chris Wilder: No place for Sheffield United to hide in "massive" game with Oxford United
- Oxford United confident new scoreboard will be installed shortly
- Benji Buchel call-up raises issue of Oxford United recalling Jack Stevens’ loan from Oxford City
- My Oxford United debut is a boost for all the club's youngsters - Miles Welch-Hayes
- OxVox column: Oxford United make a difference, thanks to generous supporters
- I moved to Oxford United to realise potential, says Ryan Ledson