HANNAH England said she was satisfied with her seventh-place finish in Birmingham yesterday, despite being out of her comfort zone.
The Oxford City athlete, who reached the finals of the Commonwealth Games and European Championship 1500m events, was running over the shorter 800m distance.
And although she was well behind race winner Lynsey Sharp, England was happy.
“I was really hurting with 300m left as I am not used to going through at that pace, but I am glad I gave it a go,” she said.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United sign striker Wes Thomas and defender Aaron Martin
- ATHLETICS: Nathan Douglas upbeat heading into make-or-break Olympic trials
- ANGLING: Littlemore ease into Supercup semi-finals
- BOXING: Darius Skop dominates in win over rival Jody Meikle
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Over 60s in last-over victory
- CRICKET: Dylan Driscoll stars in Oxfordshire Under 10s victory
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison recovers from penalty to move top of the standings
- LACROSSE: Oxford City to hold taster session for all abilities
- Simon Eastwood bidding to establish himself as Oxford United's No 1
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell misses the cut in Germany