HANNAH England said she was satisfied with her seventh-place finish in Birmingham yesterday, despite being out of her comfort zone.
The Oxford City athlete, who reached the finals of the Commonwealth Games and European Championship 1500m events, was running over the shorter 800m distance.
And although she was well behind race winner Lynsey Sharp, England was happy.
“I was really hurting with 300m left as I am not used to going through at that pace, but I am glad I gave it a go,” she said.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw at Macclesfield Town
- Alex MacDonald hails Simon Eastwood for keeping Oxford United in FA Cup
- ANGLING: Carl Eland's second place puts Drennan Oxford closer to Winter League crown
- FUTSAL: Liam Palfreeman’s selection forEngland is dream come true
- SWIMMING: Jemma Lowe Olympian inspires City of Oxford’s youngsters
- TABLE TENNIS: Janet Brown causes Karl Bushell big fright in Oxford League
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Thame A close in on the Oxford League leaders
- BOXING: Mixed results for Berinsfield stars
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars looking for quick revenge on leaders
- Macclesfield Town 0, Oxford United 0