GREAT & Little Tew’s Home Counties Premier League Division 2 status was confirmed for next season, despite a 95-run home defeat by Finchampstead under the Duckworth-Lewis Method.
Losses for the bottom two, Chesham and Falkland, ensure that Tew will stay up.
However, their bowlers took a real hammering as they conceded a club record total of 311-9 off their 50 overs after Finchampstead decided to bat first.
Matthew Jones (78), Harry Stephens (70) and Adam Dewes (51) tucked into the home attack, which nevertheless saw Lloyd Brock take 3-60, while Ian Bryan was the pick of the bowlers with 2-38 off his ten overs.
Finchampstead’s total beat the 302-7 Reading had smashed off the Tew attack last season.
The hosts saw their target reduced twice by rain breaks, before they fell well short off their final aim of 276 off 40 overs, closing on 181-8.
Curtly Slatter hit 63 as Jonathan Dewes (3-24) and Tipene Friday (3-28) did the damage.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's penalty shoot-out win at Southend United
- Tyler Roberts holds his nerve as Oxford United make it third time lucky with shoot-out win over Southend
- Oxford United's Emirates FA Cup replay not selected for live television coverage
- Southend United 1 (Wordsworth 86), Oxford United 1 (Maguire 81) (Oxford win 4-3 on pens)
- RUGBY UNION: Former Oxford-based club London Welsh go into liquidation
- FOOTBALL: Eynsham SSC end three-month wait for win in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Double for Charlie Lee as unbeaten Berinsfield maintain North Berks League Division 1 title tilt
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh lose 3-0 lead as Hereford grab draw in eventful game for ex-Didcot Town men
- FOOTBALL: Ismael Liverpool shines as Cropredy go fourth
- FOOTBALL: Liam Jones grabs hat-trick as Bodicote Sports reach Under 12 KO Cup last four