CALVIN Dickinson hit a splendid half-century as Shipton-under-Wychwood ran out convincing 86-run home winners over Dinton in Division 2.
Dickinson made 62 out of Shipton’s 227-9 off 50 overs after the hosts had been put in to bat.
He received good support from skipper Simon Hole (45), before all-rounder Anupam Sanklecha (39) steered Shipton towards their final total.
Najam Ur-Rehman (4-50) was the most successful Dinton bowler.
The visitors were never in the hunt after George Seacole (2-23) removed openers Michael Sutfliff and Ashley Smith to leave them 11-2.
Sanklecha (3-29), veteran left-arm spinner Shaun Miller (2-17) and Charlie Brain (2-39) also chipped in as Dinton were dismissed for 141.
Henry Woodward top-scored for the visitors with 42.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Ex-Oxford United star Jamie Cook proud of career after hanging up football boots to turn attention to golf
- POINT-TO-POINT: Big names jockeys sign up for Anglo-Irish challenge at Kingston Blount
- ROWING: Oxford City's Josie Nash and Eilish Turner-Frick shine in Inter-Regional Championships
- ATHLETICS: Abingdon's Paul Fernandez impresses in London Marathon
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: James Walter’s double earns Oxford Saints their first victory
- ATHLETICS: Banbury Harriers win UK Youth Development League opener
- BAR BILLIARDS: Donnington Club close in on Division 1 crown
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Brookes students to host charity sevens tournament
- Roger James bags brace as North Leigh beat youthful Oxford United to lift Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- HORSE RACING: Mark Bradstock thrilled with Coneygree's return to action