CALVIN Dickinson hit a splendid half-century as Shipton-under-Wychwood ran out convincing 86-run home winners over Dinton in Division 2.
Dickinson made 62 out of Shipton’s 227-9 off 50 overs after the hosts had been put in to bat.
He received good support from skipper Simon Hole (45), before all-rounder Anupam Sanklecha (39) steered Shipton towards their final total.
Najam Ur-Rehman (4-50) was the most successful Dinton bowler.
The visitors were never in the hunt after George Seacole (2-23) removed openers Michael Sutfliff and Ashley Smith to leave them 11-2.
Sanklecha (3-29), veteran left-arm spinner Shaun Miller (2-17) and Charlie Brain (2-39) also chipped in as Dinton were dismissed for 141.
Henry Woodward top-scored for the visitors with 42.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- 900 remaining tickets for Oxford United's FA Cup clash against Newcastle United go on general sale
- Christian Ribeiro set for Oxford United return in friendly with Vancouver Whitecaps
- Oxford United 'out-punched' by another League One side for loan target
- Oxford United announce new dates for Sheffield United and Bolton Wanderers games
- Newcastle United win FA Cup replay to set up fourth round trip to Oxford United
- CRICKET: New Oxfordshire captain Jonny Cater aiming to nurture county's emerging talent
- AUNT SALLY: Mick Phipps leads Black Prince to victory
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell faces Abu Dhabi test
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars suffer heaviest defeat the day after ending long losing run
- BAR BILLIARDS: West Oxford Democrats turn it around to reach KO Cup semi-finals