CALVIN Dickinson hit a splendid half-century as Shipton-under-Wychwood ran out convincing 86-run home winners over Dinton in Division 2.
Dickinson made 62 out of Shipton’s 227-9 off 50 overs after the hosts had been put in to bat.
He received good support from skipper Simon Hole (45), before all-rounder Anupam Sanklecha (39) steered Shipton towards their final total.
Najam Ur-Rehman (4-50) was the most successful Dinton bowler.
The visitors were never in the hunt after George Seacole (2-23) removed openers Michael Sutfliff and Ashley Smith to leave them 11-2.
Sanklecha (3-29), veteran left-arm spinner Shaun Miller (2-17) and Charlie Brain (2-39) also chipped in as Dinton were dismissed for 141.
Henry Woodward top-scored for the visitors with 42.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Callum O'Dowda's slim Euro 2016 hopes look over after watching Ireland draw
- GOLF: Poor start sees Eddie Pepperell miss Wentworth cut
- YOUTH CRICKET: Ben Charlesworth takes centre stage with two impressive knocks
- MOTORSPORT: Williams' Valtteri Bottas on a mission to end his Monaco hoodoo in F1
- POINT-TO-POINT: Alan Hill hoping for Kingston Blount glory
- BOXING: Clarke and Robinson claim wins for Blackbird Leys
- KAYAKING: Ava Dale to show off Great Britain vest
- ANGLING: Higgins pips Pether to big title
- UPDATE: Oxford United fans in a hurry to snap-up season tickets
- Callum O'Dowda an unused substitute in Republic of Ireland's draw with the Netherlands