BANBURY cruised to a six-wicket win at home to Burnham in Division 1 of the Home Counties Premier League.
With South African star Herschelle Gibbs watching from the boundary, Banbury rolled over the visitors for 141 after putting them in to bat.
Dean Bartlett (3-24) reduced the visitors to 35-3, before the spin of Luke Ryan (3-26) and Richard West (2-9) polished Burnham off.
Nathan Hawkes then blasted an unbeaten 60 off 44 balls, with ten fours as Banbury raced to 143-4.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Ryan Ledson nominated for EFL Young Player of the Season award
- Trio are injury doubts for Oxford United's clash with Bury tomorrow
- I just rely on my instinct, says Oxford United keeper Simon Eastwood after penalty save
- Liam Sercombe frustrated at Oxford United's failure to get a win
- It’s two points dropped, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton
- HORSE RACING: Snow Leopardess sparkles for Charlie Longsdon
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City defeated by classy late strike
- RESULTS: Weekend March 25-26
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United's play-off bid hit by defeat at Stratford
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh make it two wins in a row, Didcot beaten by late freak goal and Wantage delay relegation with draw