BANBURY cruised to a six-wicket win at home to Burnham in Division 1 of the Home Counties Premier League.
With South African star Herschelle Gibbs watching from the boundary, Banbury rolled over the visitors for 141 after putting them in to bat.
Dean Bartlett (3-24) reduced the visitors to 35-3, before the spin of Luke Ryan (3-26) and Richard West (2-9) polished Burnham off.
Nathan Hawkes then blasted an unbeaten 60 off 44 balls, with ten fours as Banbury raced to 143-4.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Darryl Eales: Takeover rumours 'unhelpful' to Oxford United's player recruitment
- DARTS: Democrats find it hard in ODDA top-flight opener
- RUGBY UNION: Twickenham news is thrill for Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United Women looking towards brighter future after finishing bottom
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Josh Atkinson at the double as Oxford beat South Wales Ironmen
- BOXING: Jordan Flynn ready for 'massive opportunity' in England v Scotland Dual
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith proud of KTM progress in MotoGP
- GOLF: Frilford Heath deal with downpour to deliver EuroPro Tour event
- Oxford United and Oxford City excited over new partnership at Court Place Farm
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith secures 12th place in France