BANBURY cruised to a six-wicket win at home to Burnham in Division 1 of the Home Counties Premier League.
With South African star Herschelle Gibbs watching from the boundary, Banbury rolled over the visitors for 141 after putting them in to bat.
Dean Bartlett (3-24) reduced the visitors to 35-3, before the spin of Luke Ryan (3-26) and Richard West (2-9) polished Burnham off.
Nathan Hawkes then blasted an unbeaten 60 off 44 balls, with ten fours as Banbury raced to 143-4.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Chey Dunkley’s determined to continue rate of progress at Oxford United
- It's not a world I recognise, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton as football is rocked by corruption charges
- FOOTBALL: Manager John Brough eyes historic FA Cup run to build North Leigh support
- FOOTBALL: Boss Andy Ballard begins four-game ban as Didcot Town face Bishops Cleeve
- RUGBY UNION: In-form Chinnor wary of potential banana skin at Redingensians
- OxVox column: How I got with the programme
- Oxford United hit by Ryan Ledson injury blow
- Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales believes 'B team' decision may change Checkatrade Trophy outlook
- Curtis Nelson pencilled in for Oxford United return next week - if today's session goes well
- BRADLEY SMITH COLUMN: Getting back on track takes sweat and tears