Valtteri Bottas finished third for the Grove-based Williams team in the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps.
Daniel Ricciardo took victory for Red Bull, with Nico Rosberg second in a Mercedes.
Bottas's teammate, Felipe Massa, finished 13th.
It was a poor afternoon for the Enstone-based Lotus team, with Pastor Maldonado retiring on the first lap, and Romain Grosjean's race finishing on lap 33.
Max Chilton was 16th in a Banbury-based Marussia, with teammate Jules Bianchi 18th.
Marcus Ericsson, driving for the Leafield-based Caterham outfit, was sandwiched in between the pair in 17th.
His teammate, Andre Lotterer, retired on the first lap.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Watch goals from new Oxford United striker Wes Thomas
- Oxford United sign striker Wes Thomas and defender Aaron Martin
- Oxford United's new faces help take squad to higher level, says Michael Appleton
- ATHLETICS: Nathan Douglas upbeat heading into make-or-break Olympic trials
- ANGLING: Littlemore ease into Supercup semi-finals
- BOXING: Darius Skop dominates in win over rival Jody Meikle
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Over 60s in last-over victory
- CRICKET: Dylan Driscoll stars in Oxfordshire Under 10s victory
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison recovers from penalty to move top of the standings
- LACROSSE: Oxford City to hold taster session for all abilities