Valtteri Bottas finished third for the Grove-based Williams team in the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps.
Daniel Ricciardo took victory for Red Bull, with Nico Rosberg second in a Mercedes.
Bottas's teammate, Felipe Massa, finished 13th.
It was a poor afternoon for the Enstone-based Lotus team, with Pastor Maldonado retiring on the first lap, and Romain Grosjean's race finishing on lap 33.
Max Chilton was 16th in a Banbury-based Marussia, with teammate Jules Bianchi 18th.
Marcus Ericsson, driving for the Leafield-based Caterham outfit, was sandwiched in between the pair in 17th.
His teammate, Andre Lotterer, retired on the first lap.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United defender Joe Skarz happy with return from injury but frustrated with Port Vale draw
- Weekend results: October 22 & 23
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United's fine unbeaten run is ended at hands of Frome
- FOOTBALL: Last-gasp Jordan Graham goal earns Didcot Town a point at Hereford
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith pleased with points haul at Phillip Island
- MOTORSPORT: Felipe Massa lands top ten spot for Williams at US Grand Prix
- There are some good signs, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton after 2-2 draw at Port Vale
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Port Vale
- Port Vale 2 (Cicilia 54, Taylor pen 59), Oxford United 2 (Dunkley 11, Crowley 19)
- UPDATES - Port Vale v Oxford United