Valtteri Bottas finished third for the Grove-based Williams team in the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps.
Daniel Ricciardo took victory for Red Bull, with Nico Rosberg second in a Mercedes.
Bottas's teammate, Felipe Massa, finished 13th.
It was a poor afternoon for the Enstone-based Lotus team, with Pastor Maldonado retiring on the first lap, and Romain Grosjean's race finishing on lap 33.
Max Chilton was 16th in a Banbury-based Marussia, with teammate Jules Bianchi 18th.
Marcus Ericsson, driving for the Leafield-based Caterham outfit, was sandwiched in between the pair in 17th.
His teammate, Andre Lotterer, retired on the first lap.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- World Cup warm-up games come second to Oxford United's play-off push - Ryan Ledson
- BAR BILLIARDS: Donnington Club stretch lead with whitewash win
- MOTORSPORT: Anything’s possible this season, says Renault driver Jolyon Palmer
- ROWING: Former Abingdon School pupil Tom Digby adds to his world record tally
- ICE HOCKEY: Lacklustre Oxford City Stars defeated as Milton Keynes Thunder take quick revenge
- AUNT SALLY: Banbury Cricket Club take Eynsham Winter League title in first season
- RUGBY UNION: Henley Hawks fined for breach of RFU agent rules
- ATHLETICS: Hannah Hale breaks Eynsham club record at Bramley 20
- ATHLETICS: Abingdon's Paul Fernandez breaks own record to win 44-mile ultra race in Wales
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Charlton Athletic