Valtteri Bottas finished third for the Grove-based Williams team in the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps.
Daniel Ricciardo took victory for Red Bull, with Nico Rosberg second in a Mercedes.
Bottas's teammate, Felipe Massa, finished 13th.
It was a poor afternoon for the Enstone-based Lotus team, with Pastor Maldonado retiring on the first lap, and Romain Grosjean's race finishing on lap 33.
Max Chilton was 16th in a Banbury-based Marussia, with teammate Jules Bianchi 18th.
Marcus Ericsson, driving for the Leafield-based Caterham outfit, was sandwiched in between the pair in 17th.
His teammate, Andre Lotterer, retired on the first lap.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's victory against Bury
- Hat-trick hero Conor McAleny delighted to send Oxford United to Wembley on a high
- Oxford United fans breathe sigh of relief as goalkeeper Simon Eastwood plays on
- FOOTBALL: David Murphy's double puts Berinsfield in North Berks League Cup final
- FOOTBALL: Liam Godin hits four-timer as KEA reach Junior Shield final
- FOOTBALL: Olly Bush strikes a brace to lead Carterton into the last four
- FOOTBALL: Spot-on Jamie Cook seals dramatic win for North Leigh
- GIRLS FOOTBALL: Oxford City Under 13s clinch league title
- FOOTBALL: Harry Benfield guides Abingdon Youth to Under 15 KO Trophy glory
- FOOTBALL: Kyle Chester in top form as Carterton beat Didcot Town Youth Red