Valtteri Bottas finished third for the Grove-based Williams team in the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps.
Daniel Ricciardo took victory for Red Bull, with Nico Rosberg second in a Mercedes.
Bottas's teammate, Felipe Massa, finished 13th.
It was a poor afternoon for the Enstone-based Lotus team, with Pastor Maldonado retiring on the first lap, and Romain Grosjean's race finishing on lap 33.
Max Chilton was 16th in a Banbury-based Marussia, with teammate Jules Bianchi 18th.
Marcus Ericsson, driving for the Leafield-based Caterham outfit, was sandwiched in between the pair in 17th.
His teammate, Andre Lotterer, retired on the first lap.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United give Conor McAleny deadline on contract offer
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Fightback comes too late to save Oxford Saints against Brighton
- RUGBY UNION: Keble celebrate Oxford University Men's Cup triumph
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's veterans set the pace to clinch national road relays gold
- BOWLS: Champions Carterton are run close by Banbury Central
- BAR BILLIARDS: Vikings A exact revenge to reach KO final
- RUGBY UNION: Banbury set up girls side for the first time
- BOWLS: Orren Benfield and David Leighfield land Oxfordshire Under 25 pairs title
- Dealing with Firoz Kassam has been a weakness of mine, admits Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales
- Oxford United strategy is based on one player sale a summer, says Darryl Eales