WITH no new injury concerns Oxford United could name an unchanged starting line-up for the first time this season.
Head coach Michael Appleton praised the side who played well in a 1-0 defeat at Morecambe on Tuesday night.
With only long-term injured pair Ryan Clarke and Andy Whing in the treatment room, there is a strong chance the XI will be the same against Portsmouth this afternoon.
Appleton, who managed Pompey from 2011-12 said: “The lads did themselves the power of good.
“It’s up to myself and the staff to see if there’s anything Portsmouth can bring to the table that would worry me with the players we’ve got.
“If there isn’t, then at times performances can pick themselves.”
Pompey manager Andy Awford has made a minimum of four changes per game.
His large squad is boosted by the return of Adam Webster from suspension.
But forward Patrick Agyemang (hamstring), midfielder Wes Fogden (knee), defender Danny East (groin) and former U’s striker Tom Craddock (knee) are out.
Oxford Utd: from G Long, Riley, Mullins, Wright, Newey, Collins, Ruffels, Rose, Hylton, Brown, Morris, Jakubiak, O’Dowda, Potter, Meades, Raynes, S Long, Hunt, Crocombe.
Portsmouth: from Jones, Devera, Chorley, Robinson, Shorey, Hollands, Dunne, Wallace, Westcarr, Holmes, Taylor, Atangana, Whatmaugh, Butler, Awford, Webster, Barcham, Storey, Wynter, Brezovan.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Kemar Roofe back in training with Oxford United to test ankle injury ahead of season finale
- David Rush backs Oxford United to hold nerve and replicate class of '96
- Mike Ford urges Oxford United not to hand any incentive to rivals
- BAR BILLIARDS: Marlborough Club land Oxford League Section 2 title
- BOWLS: Holders Headington cruise into Oxfordshire League Cup quarter-finals
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell hits the road in Morocco
- WEIGHLIFTING: Oxpower trio lift medals
- GYMNASTICS: Woodstock youngsters win gold in UK regional competition
- NETBALL:Didcot's Helen Grindey is honoured
- ATHLETICS: Les Newell claims victory as Oxford City dominate Mota-vation Series opener