Bicester Boxing Club’s leading juniors, Callum Painting and Frazer Kernan, had impressive debuts at the Ultimate Amateur show in Cheltenham.
Painting, 13, from Bicester Community College, beat Michael Lynch in a 45kg contest.
The Bicester fighter came in behind a tight guard and used slick head movement to avoid his tall and wiry rival.
Painting was firing left and right hooks to the body and head to leave Lynch dazed.
A left hook to the body had his rival reeling and he failed to reappear as Painting took a technical knockout win.
Kernan, 12, who was on the books of Chelsea FC, saw off Daniel Jones (Cheltenham BC) in a tight 35kg contest.
He took advantage of his height advantage to work behind his jab.
Kernan increased the intensity in the second round before taking control in the finale for a unanimous decision.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's penalty shoot-out win at Southend United
- Tyler Roberts holds his nerve as Oxford United make it third time lucky with shoot-out win over Southend
- Southend United 1 (Wordsworth 86), Oxford United 1 (Maguire 81) (Oxford win 4-3 on pens)
- Oxford United's Emirates FA Cup replay not selected for live television coverage
- RUGBY UNION: Former Oxford-based club London Welsh go into liquidation
- FOOTBALL: Eynsham SSC end three-month wait for win in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Double for Charlie Lee as unbeaten Berinsfield maintain North Berks League Division 1 title tilt
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh lose 3-0 lead as Hereford grab draw in eventful game for ex-Didcot Town men
- FOOTBALL: Ismael Liverpool shines as Cropredy go fourth
- FOOTBALL: Liam Jones grabs hat-trick as Bodicote Sports reach Under 12 KO Cup last four