Bicester Boxing Club’s leading juniors, Callum Painting and Frazer Kernan, had impressive debuts at the Ultimate Amateur show in Cheltenham.
Painting, 13, from Bicester Community College, beat Michael Lynch in a 45kg contest.
The Bicester fighter came in behind a tight guard and used slick head movement to avoid his tall and wiry rival.
Painting was firing left and right hooks to the body and head to leave Lynch dazed.
A left hook to the body had his rival reeling and he failed to reappear as Painting took a technical knockout win.
Kernan, 12, who was on the books of Chelsea FC, saw off Daniel Jones (Cheltenham BC) in a tight 35kg contest.
He took advantage of his height advantage to work behind his jab.
Kernan increased the intensity in the second round before taking control in the finale for a unanimous decision.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Silence from Firoz Kassam as stadium talks continue
- Toni Martinez excited by prospect of making Oxford United debut in FA Cup clash with Newcastle United
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks are held to draw after Kyle Barnes's brace gives them flying start
- FOOTBALL: Ricky Johnson out as Banbury United take on play-off rivals Chesham United
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor return to the top of National League 2 South as Basil Strang stars in Redingensians win
- RUGBY UNION: Banbury unbeaten run ends in Newbury defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Victory sees Bicester go top of Southern Counties North, but Gosford All Blacks are beaten
- RUGBY UNION: Littlemore and Wheatley claim derby spoils + VIDEO
- Oxford United agree loan for £2.4m striker Toni Martinez from West Ham
- Oxford United pass pitch inspection ahead of Checkatrade Trophy tie with Bradford City