Bicester Boxing Club’s leading juniors, Callum Painting and Frazer Kernan, had impressive debuts at the Ultimate Amateur show in Cheltenham.
Painting, 13, from Bicester Community College, beat Michael Lynch in a 45kg contest.
The Bicester fighter came in behind a tight guard and used slick head movement to avoid his tall and wiry rival.
Painting was firing left and right hooks to the body and head to leave Lynch dazed.
A left hook to the body had his rival reeling and he failed to reappear as Painting took a technical knockout win.
Kernan, 12, who was on the books of Chelsea FC, saw off Daniel Jones (Cheltenham BC) in a tight 35kg contest.
He took advantage of his height advantage to work behind his jab.
Kernan increased the intensity in the second round before taking control in the finale for a unanimous decision.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United's late FA Cup defeat is 'sickener' - Chris Maguire
- Middlesbrough 3 (Leadbitter 26, Gestede 34, Stuani 86), Oxford United 2 (Maguire 63, Martinez 65)
- UPDATES - Middlesbrough v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We’re not afraid of Boro and relishing a bumper away day
- Chris Maguire hopes Oxford United can grab the FA Cup headlines against Middlesbrough
- Oxford United players excited by enormous following for FA Cup tie, says Ryan Ledson
- ICE HOCKEY: Ben Payne back as Oxford City Stars seek double over Milton Keynes Thunder
- Bream come to top for Doug Robinson in Littlemore's Chandlers Cup
- SWIMMING: Formidable City of Oxford make it five county titles in a row
- CRICKET: James Fitzjohn excited by Horspath challenge as he moves from Cumnor