Bicester Boxing Club’s leading juniors, Callum Painting and Frazer Kernan, had impressive debuts at the Ultimate Amateur show in Cheltenham.
Painting, 13, from Bicester Community College, beat Michael Lynch in a 45kg contest.
The Bicester fighter came in behind a tight guard and used slick head movement to avoid his tall and wiry rival.
Painting was firing left and right hooks to the body and head to leave Lynch dazed.
A left hook to the body had his rival reeling and he failed to reappear as Painting took a technical knockout win.
Kernan, 12, who was on the books of Chelsea FC, saw off Daniel Jones (Cheltenham BC) in a tight 35kg contest.
He took advantage of his height advantage to work behind his jab.
Kernan increased the intensity in the second round before taking control in the finale for a unanimous decision.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Transfer deadline day - rolling blog
- Oxford United hoping to bring in two on deadline day but Marvin Johnson move "highly unlikely"
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's Checkatrade Trophy win against Exeter City
- Oxford United youngsters expected to make loan moves to non-league after deadline day
- Small Checkatrade Trophy gate at Oxford United cannot take gloss off Tyler Roberts's first professional goal
- AUNT SALLY: Jon Townsend clangs off 15 dolls as Swan stay top
- CRICKET: Minster Lovell seal Airey Cup glory and stay on track for treble
- CRICKET: Oxford Downs and Abingdon promoted from Cherwell League Division 2
- FOOTBALL: Martin Wilkinson quits as Kidlington manager
- Oxford United 4 (T Roberts 12, Maguire pen 36, Taylor 68, MacDonald 71), Exeter City 2 (Jay 43, McAlinden 61)