Bicester Boxing Club’s leading juniors, Callum Painting and Frazer Kernan, had impressive debuts at the Ultimate Amateur show in Cheltenham.
Painting, 13, from Bicester Community College, beat Michael Lynch in a 45kg contest.
The Bicester fighter came in behind a tight guard and used slick head movement to avoid his tall and wiry rival.
Painting was firing left and right hooks to the body and head to leave Lynch dazed.
A left hook to the body had his rival reeling and he failed to reappear as Painting took a technical knockout win.
Kernan, 12, who was on the books of Chelsea FC, saw off Daniel Jones (Cheltenham BC) in a tight 35kg contest.
He took advantage of his height advantage to work behind his jab.
Kernan increased the intensity in the second round before taking control in the finale for a unanimous decision.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United's fitness concerns ease despite Johnny Mullins knock
- ICE HOCKEY: Trio aiming to hit heights after taking over at Oxford City Stars
- Oxford United will let train take the strain for Carlisle journey
- ATHLETICS: Capital show as Kate Williamson beat British Over 70s marathon record in London
- RUGBY UNION: Alan Hancock hails his Oxford Harlequins players after making Marston Ferry Road a fortress
- AUNT SALLY: In-form Oracle stay in touch with whitewash victory
- RUGBY UNION: Blue Boar enjoy tour of Ireland
- RUGBY UNION: Littlemore to celebrate 40th anniversary
- MARTIAL ARTS: Oxfordshire stars in the medals at European Championships
- RUGBY UNION: Henley Vultures swoop to win Oxfordshire Veterans