TUNNEL Barn regular Steve Johnson fished maggot on a top two and caught a staggering 226 fish in Yarnton & District AC’s match on High Pool.
Johnson’s haul totalled 221lb 9oz as he ran out a convincing winner.
Kieran Thorne was second, also on a top two and maggot, his catches weighing 130.8.0 Ernie Smith was third with 93.0.0.
Pete Clarke recorded back-to-back victories in the Littlemore AS Blind Pairs event on the Thames at Sandford.
Clarke produced a quality net of roach taken on the waggler with hemp/caster and later with tares to total 16lb 3oz.
Alan Campbell (9.4.0) was second with a net of roach on the waggler with hemp and tares, while Andy Webb alternated between pole and waggler for a 7.10.0 mixed net in third.
Just six anglers took part in the Masons AC points match at Folly, where Lee Funge came out on top, alternating between pole and feeder and chopped worm and maggot.
Funge had a mixed bag for 8.14.0, with Paul Armstrong fishing the feeder or waggler using the same baits for 8.3.0 in second and Yan Stankowski, with 5.11.0, third.
North Oxford AS entertained Kidlington AS on the Thames at Godstow, where Kidlington anglers filled the top three spots.
Dave Scott-Picton led the field of 15 with a net of perch on chopped worm for 8.5.0.
In second place was Bill Burnell, who weighed in 5.4.0.
He had a good perch plus bits on lobworm, all caught in the first couple of hours.
Doug Foreshaw was third with caster-caught roach for 4.15.0.
Anthony Alder came out on top in Tackley Sports’ match on the River Cherwell at Long Meadow, Kirtlington.
Alder caught 4.9.0 of roach and perch on the pole with maggot or worm.
Steve Malone (3.14.0) was second, with Geoff Broome (3.5.4) third.
Beehive AC fished their FA Cup semi-finals on a low-water Stable Lake, but the top three still managed to record weights of more than 100lb.
Chris Dingle won with 159.0.0 of carp to meat and paste on the pole, with Richard Mott (126.0.0) second and Kevin Jeacock (123.0.0) third – both with carp to pole and maggot.
- ANDY Benwell made it two wins on the bounce in round nine of 12 in the FTB Oxford Carp League.
Fished at an out of sorts Rissington, where a cold wind made presenting a bait very difficult, Benwell caught 150lb 10oz with his favourite method of paste over pellet.
He caught 56 carp to 8lb steadily throughout the match at 4m and in the margins.
Mick Lane fished a 6mm banded pellet at 8m with the pole to record 150.10.0, while Gerry Foley was in third with 96.4.0 of carp.
The fifth round of the Oxford Summer League was fished by seven teams of six on the Thames at Abingdon.
Alex Clements (Drennan Bordon) drew the downstream end peg and made the most of conditions to land a net of skimmers, roach and perch on caster over groundbait on pole.
John Beesley (Drennan Banbury Gunsmiths) drew Dace Corner, below the mouth of the River Ock and had one bream plus skimmers and roach on the pole and caster on the pole over groundbait for 16.2.0.
Mark Lindsay (KC Angling) was third with 12.15.0 with mainly perch on worm over chopped worm on the pole.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's defeat at Sheffield United
- RACING: Options open for Cheltenham Gold Cup winner Coneygree's return
- Sheffield United 2 (Sharp 65, Wilson 73), Oxford United 1 (Hemmings 16)
- LIVE - Sheffield United v Oxford United
- Oxford United forward Chris Maguire eager to keep Sheffield United quiet
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It is crucial we start well to silence the home support
- MOTORSPORT: Williams duo Bottas and Massa ready for Spa test
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire beat Bedfordshire in final to win Wormsley T20
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United Women's captain Kat Nutman could return at Durham
- CRICKET: Max Smith's super spell speeds Oxford Under 17s to second national title in three years