HORSPATH captain Will Eason expects no easy ride at basement boys Chesham tomorrow as the leaders continue their Division 2 title push.
Eason’s men saw their lead cut to four points after losing to second-placed Reading last week, but says they could face another difficult day at Chesham.
“Saturday is going to be a tough game,” he said.
“I know Chesham are bottom, but they are still going to be fighting.
“Sometimes these are the hardest games to play.
“We are really, really pleased with how we have done.
“To be challenging with three games to go is something we are very proud of.”
Kit Cutter and Mohson Rana replace the unavailable Shahbaz Ali and Pat Foster.
Gloucestershire academy player Joe Barrett misses Shipton-under-Wychwood’s home game with Dinton due to international duty.
Barrett and his county teammates are bowling at England and India’s players ahead of the first one-day international at Bristol on Monday.
Andy Hemming replaces Barrett as Shipton look to build on their 11-run victory at Cove – after defending a total of 97.
“It was a pretty terrible wicket,” said skipper Simon Hole.
“I have not played on many worse than that, especially in the Home Counties Premier League.”
He added: “The top two is still possible for us and we are playing some pretty good cricket, but it is out of our hands.
“If we can finish in the top four, we will have had a really good season.”
Robbie Catling replaces Ashley Hubbert (holiday) and will keep wicket as Great & Little Tew host Finchampstead.
Captain Andy Harris said: “One more win will make us mathematically safe.
“We don’t want to rely on Falkland not winning, we want to try and do it ourselves.”
Horspath (v Chesham, away): T Jodd, R Eason, Phillips, Cutter, Skelton, Faruq, Rana, Conradie, W Eason (capt), Krol, Belcher.
Great & Little Tew (v Finchampstead, home): White, Catling, Jordan Garrett, Smith, Slatter, Clark, Lloyd Brock, Harris (capt), Woods, Bryan, Thomas.
Shipton-under-Wychwood (v Dinton, home): A Hemming, R Barrett, Dickinson, Wood, Hole, Senior, Sanklecha, Seacole, Brain, Barras, Miller.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Christian Ribeiro: Oxford United's displays against Exeter City convinced me to sign
- GOLF: Lucie Feaver is primed to take on world’s best at Junior World Championships
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Oxford United lose to Bristol City but Laura Rafferty bids to make most of loan chance
- FOOTBALL: Danny Nicholls steps up to become Oxford City's joint manager
- MOTORSPORT: Sean Walkinshaw frustrated by puncture at Paul Ricard
- FOOTBALL: Abingdon Town quit the North Berks League
- DARTS: Pairs keep Democrats on track
- DARTS: Blackbird Leys Warriors recognised for Super League triumph
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United
- ATHLETICS: Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas selected for European Championships