CHAD Keegan topped Oxfordshire’s batting and bowling averages after a superb season in the Unicorns Counties Championship.
Henley seamer Keegan only played in four of Oxfordshire’s six matches, but still claimed 22 victims at an average of 17.04 to end up 21st highest wicket-taker in the Championship.
Keegan saved his best until last with match figures of 10-104 in this week’s eight-wicket victory over Cheshire.
Captain Luke Ryan also bagged a ten-wicket haul against Bournemouth in their draw at Dean Park, but was pipped by Francois Vainker for second in Oxon’s standings.
Keegan’s batting average of 56.16 saw him just ahead of Aston Rowant’s Chris Watling (56.00).
The former Sussex and Middlesex man was one of two Oxon batsmen to pass 300 Championship runs, top-scoring with 91 not out against Bourne-mouth.
The other was Banbury’s Jonny Cater, who made 443 runs at an average of 44.30 to finish 11th highest scorer in the Championship.
Cater, whose best innings was his 117 not out against Shropshire at Bridgnorth, also scored a century in Oxon’s Unicorns Trophy semi-final victory over Wiltshire.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- The derby games are great but it's not my problem, says Michael Appleton on Swindon Town's relegation
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Quickfire Oxford United striker Conor McAleny delighted at Millwall victory
- Oxford United midfielder Josh Ruffels revels in week to remember
- Michael Appleton hails Oxford United's 'outstanding' display in victory over Millwall
- FOOTBALL: Jefferson Louis fires in-form Oxford City to third straight victory
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town and North Leigh enjoy final-day victories, but Banbury United, Wantage Town and Kidlington are beaten
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire hold on to win thriller against Cornwall
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith finishes just outside the points in Austin MotoGP
- WEEKEND RESULTS: April 22-23