CHAD Keegan topped Oxfordshire’s batting and bowling averages after a superb season in the Unicorns Counties Championship.
Henley seamer Keegan only played in four of Oxfordshire’s six matches, but still claimed 22 victims at an average of 17.04 to end up 21st highest wicket-taker in the Championship.
Keegan saved his best until last with match figures of 10-104 in this week’s eight-wicket victory over Cheshire.
Captain Luke Ryan also bagged a ten-wicket haul against Bournemouth in their draw at Dean Park, but was pipped by Francois Vainker for second in Oxon’s standings.
Keegan’s batting average of 56.16 saw him just ahead of Aston Rowant’s Chris Watling (56.00).
The former Sussex and Middlesex man was one of two Oxon batsmen to pass 300 Championship runs, top-scoring with 91 not out against Bourne-mouth.
The other was Banbury’s Jonny Cater, who made 443 runs at an average of 44.30 to finish 11th highest scorer in the Championship.
Cater, whose best innings was his 117 not out against Shropshire at Bridgnorth, also scored a century in Oxon’s Unicorns Trophy semi-final victory over Wiltshire.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Darryl Eales: Takeover rumours 'unhelpful' to Oxford United's player recruitment
- DARTS: Democrats find it hard in ODDA top-flight opener
- RUGBY UNION: Twickenham news is thrill for Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United Women looking towards brighter future after finishing bottom
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Josh Atkinson at the double as Oxford beat South Wales Ironmen
- BOXING: Jordan Flynn ready for 'massive opportunity' in England v Scotland Dual
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith proud of KTM progress in MotoGP
- GOLF: Frilford Heath deal with downpour to deliver EuroPro Tour event
- Oxford United and Oxford City excited over new partnership at Court Place Farm
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith secures 12th place in France