Wallingford showed their strength in depth at the Oxford City Royal Regatta.
Fine performances at all levels saw the south Oxfordshire club take 15 victories in an impressive display.
City of Oxford claimed seven wins, with Nepthys, the Oxford University Lightweights, enjoying five.
Wallingford shone particularly over the longer 1000m course, clocking up 11 successes, the majority for their women members.
New club captain Eve Newton led by example with a brace of wins in the Intermediate 2 and 3 heats, while Lucy Walker and Sara Fabes, managed three successes apiece.
J16 rower Walker won theIntermediate 1 pair with her sister, Alice.
She added victories in the J16 single and the J18 double scull with Katie Metalli, who also won her J18 single.
Fabes’s hat-trick came in the novice single, plus the novice and intermediate 3 double with Susana Hancock.
Wallingford’s youngest competitors, Georgia Swiatoniowska and Poppy Dawe, also triumphed twice – in the J15 double sculls and a J15 quad with clubmates Morgan Sims, Rosie Yener and cox Gabi Moss.
Other junior victories came from Arthur Arnould and Will Mangion in the novice double sculls.
The last race saw a maiden victory from Wallingford’s Gabriel Llewelyn-Worthy in his J16 single.
At the other end of the age range, Walllingford bagged wins in the masters E eight and senior men’s four categories.
Nepthys took both intermediate 2 eights races, beating Green Templeton and Jesus College.
Green Templeton’s women made up for their defeat on Saturday by taking the Women’s intermediate 3 eights on Sunday’s shorter course.
Jesus won both intermediate 3 men’s eights.
Among the highlights for the hard-working City of Oxford crews, organisers of the two-day event, were first places in the intermediate 1 eights and Sprint eights, the latter being rewarded with quart tankards as prizes.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United net glamour pre-season date with Premier League champions Leicester City
- Oxford United add Barnet trip to pre-season schedule
- FOOTBALL: Teams to play in tournament in memory of Derek Measor
- FOOTBALL: Charlbury Town Under 12s land national title with 2-0 victory at King Power Stadium
- CRICKET: Cherwell League round-up – Dominant Cumnor again thwarted by weather
- CRICKET: OCA League round-up – Atkins stars as Charlbury beat Stonesfield and the rain
- AUNT SALLY: Magnificent Andy Lewis goes close to joining the maximum men in Greene King Oxford & District League
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise