Alice Atkins and Matt Davies retained their title at Abingdon’s annual Preston Bowl mixed doubles event.
To celebrate 100 years, the club put up a first prize of £100 as well as the prestigious trophy.
And although Atkins and Davies had lost to Manoj Gujral and Ana Coggan in the group stages, they overturned that result to win 6-3 and keep their crown.
Oxford Sports continue to dominate men’s tennis, winning back-to-back OLTA Wilson Summer League Division 1 titles by defeating Woodstock 3-1 at home.
Sports’ B side can join their first team in the top flight if they beat Thame in their final Division 2 match of the season.
In Ladies’ Division 3, North Oxford B secured promotion with a 4-0 win against their C team.
Men’s Div 1: Cholsey 2, North Oxford 2; Oxford Sports 3, Woodstock 1; Witney 1, Banbury 3. Div 2: Oxford City 2, Abingdon 2. Div 3: Witney B 1, North Oxford C 3 Ladies Div 2: Banbury WE 2, Woodstock 2; Thame 2, Bicester 2. Div 3: North Oxford C 0, North Oxford B 4; North Oxford C 3, Mapledurham 1.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Kemar Roofe back in training with Oxford United to test ankle injury ahead of season finale
- David Rush backs Oxford United to hold nerve and replicate class of '96
- Mike Ford urges Oxford United not to hand any incentive to rivals
- BAR BILLIARDS: Marlborough Club land Oxford League Section 2 title
- BOWLS: Holders Headington cruise into Oxfordshire League Cup quarter-finals
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell hits the road in Morocco
- WEIGHLIFTING: Oxpower trio lift medals
- GYMNASTICS: Woodstock youngsters win gold in UK regional competition
- NETBALL:Didcot's Helen Grindey is honoured
- ATHLETICS: Les Newell claims victory as Oxford City dominate Mota-vation Series opener