Alice Atkins and Matt Davies retained their title at Abingdon’s annual Preston Bowl mixed doubles event.
To celebrate 100 years, the club put up a first prize of £100 as well as the prestigious trophy.
And although Atkins and Davies had lost to Manoj Gujral and Ana Coggan in the group stages, they overturned that result to win 6-3 and keep their crown.
Oxford Sports continue to dominate men’s tennis, winning back-to-back OLTA Wilson Summer League Division 1 titles by defeating Woodstock 3-1 at home.
Sports’ B side can join their first team in the top flight if they beat Thame in their final Division 2 match of the season.
In Ladies’ Division 3, North Oxford B secured promotion with a 4-0 win against their C team.
Men’s Div 1: Cholsey 2, North Oxford 2; Oxford Sports 3, Woodstock 1; Witney 1, Banbury 3. Div 2: Oxford City 2, Abingdon 2. Div 3: Witney B 1, North Oxford C 3 Ladies Div 2: Banbury WE 2, Woodstock 2; Thame 2, Bicester 2. Div 3: North Oxford C 0, North Oxford B 4; North Oxford C 3, Mapledurham 1.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United prepared for physical test in final pre-season friendly at Barnet
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City lose Marlon Jackson to Newport County
- FOOTBALL: Manager Les Taylor confident Oxford United women will rise to big occasion
- SWIMMING: Emily Nisbet wins medals in Scottish Championships
- ANGLING: Ian Young wins Oxford Summer League on low-scoring day
- MARTIAL ARTS: Katie Franks lands three world titles
- MOTORVRACING: Valtteri Bottas eyes strong showing for Williams in Germany
- CRICKET: Horspath youngsters make it a hat-trick of titles
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Women hit by double T20 defeat
- CRICKET: Jack Wilkins takes six wickets in Oxfordshire 2nd victory