Alice Atkins and Matt Davies retained their title at Abingdon’s annual Preston Bowl mixed doubles event.
To celebrate 100 years, the club put up a first prize of £100 as well as the prestigious trophy.
And although Atkins and Davies had lost to Manoj Gujral and Ana Coggan in the group stages, they overturned that result to win 6-3 and keep their crown.
Oxford Sports continue to dominate men’s tennis, winning back-to-back OLTA Wilson Summer League Division 1 titles by defeating Woodstock 3-1 at home.
Sports’ B side can join their first team in the top flight if they beat Thame in their final Division 2 match of the season.
In Ladies’ Division 3, North Oxford B secured promotion with a 4-0 win against their C team.
Men’s Div 1: Cholsey 2, North Oxford 2; Oxford Sports 3, Woodstock 1; Witney 1, Banbury 3. Div 2: Oxford City 2, Abingdon 2. Div 3: Witney B 1, North Oxford C 3 Ladies Div 2: Banbury WE 2, Woodstock 2; Thame 2, Bicester 2. Div 3: North Oxford C 0, North Oxford B 4; North Oxford C 3, Mapledurham 1.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Update: Former Oxford United teammates make glowing tribute to 'leader' Paul McCarthy
- Chris Maguire urges Oxford United to use agonising FA Cup defeat as play-off spur
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Oxford United head coach Michael Appleton disappointed by soft goals conceded at Middlesbrough
- John Lundstram humbled by massive Oxford United following at Riverside Stadium
- Aitor Karanka relieved after Middlesbrough edge past Oxford United
- FOOTBALL: Lee Henderson heads Oxford City to victory over Hemel Hempstead Town
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town earn draw and Kidlington win, but North Leigh and Wantage Town suffer defeats
- FOOTBALL: George Nash earns Banbury United a point, but draw hampers play-off bid
- WEEKEND RESULTS: February 18-19