Alice Atkins and Matt Davies retained their title at Abingdon’s annual Preston Bowl mixed doubles event.
To celebrate 100 years, the club put up a first prize of £100 as well as the prestigious trophy.
And although Atkins and Davies had lost to Manoj Gujral and Ana Coggan in the group stages, they overturned that result to win 6-3 and keep their crown.
Oxford Sports continue to dominate men’s tennis, winning back-to-back OLTA Wilson Summer League Division 1 titles by defeating Woodstock 3-1 at home.
Sports’ B side can join their first team in the top flight if they beat Thame in their final Division 2 match of the season.
In Ladies’ Division 3, North Oxford B secured promotion with a 4-0 win against their C team.
Men’s Div 1: Cholsey 2, North Oxford 2; Oxford Sports 3, Woodstock 1; Witney 1, Banbury 3. Div 2: Oxford City 2, Abingdon 2. Div 3: Witney B 1, North Oxford C 3 Ladies Div 2: Banbury WE 2, Woodstock 2; Thame 2, Bicester 2. Div 3: North Oxford C 0, North Oxford B 4; North Oxford C 3, Mapledurham 1.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United catch their breath ahead of fixture 'carnage'
- Two years on, Joe Skarz is so thankful he took 'massive step' to join Oxford United
- Michael Appleton: Oxford United off-field wranglings 'not a massive issue as long as I know what's going on'
- UPDATE: Oxford United's FA Cup clash against Newcastle United is a sell-out
- From the Oxford United boardroom column: Why we issued the stadium statement now
- Rochdale's winning run at home should be an incentive for Oxford United, says Curtis Nelson
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell misses cut at Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship
- FOOTBALL: Josh Ashby loan extension from Oxford United is ‘like a new signing’, says Oxford City boss Mark Jones
- RUGBY UNION: Matt Williams urges Chinnor to build momentum in National League 2 South
- FOOTBALL: Kidlington manager Julian McCalmon backs Anaclet Odhiambo to shrug off penalty miss