OXFORD City Stars have secured another three of last season’s title-winning squad ahead of the new campaign, which starts next month.
Veteran captain James Clarke, plus brothers Josh and Jake Florey, have agreed to stay on for another year.
Head coach Darren Elliott is thrilled to have all three available as Stars step up to the higher level.
He said: “The Floreys are two key players.
"Josh is a really skilful and speedy forward who chips in with goals and Jake is a great addition to our defence, having played for England at junior level.
“It’s really good to have Clarkey back on board too, he’s played at a good level and has a lot of experience – it’ll be good to have him alongside the two imported defencemen Kyle (Flemington) and Zsolt (Mastaleriu) as a bit of homegrown experience to support them.”
Stars begin the season at Invicta Dynamos on Saturday, September 13, with the first home game at Oxpens coming a day later, against Cardiff Fire.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Millwall result will determine Oxford United mood for next fortnight, says captain John Lundstram
- Oxford United boss issues warning over dangerous Millwall strikers
- Millwall manager Neil Harris full of respect for 'attack-minded' Oxford United
- Striker Wes Thomas’s calf injuries proving a mystery for Oxford United
- OxVox column: How I ended up building a network of exiles
- FOOTBALL: Justin Merritt backs Oxford City to deliver without suspended captain Scott Davies
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins and Banbury ready to lock horns in South West 1 East
- FOOTBALL: Wantage Town eye good end to tough week ahead of FA Trophy tie at Weymouth
- FOOTBALL: George McEachran features for England in European Under 17 Championship qualifiers
- ROWING: Wallingford's Ellie Piggott and Brianna Stubbs hold on to national title