Headington A will face Oxford City & County A in the Oxford & District League Cup final for the third time in four years.
The old rivals booked their place in the decider under the floodlights at Kidlington on Thursday, September 4 after comfortable wins in the semi-finals.
The last-four games on the two greens at South Oxford were preceded by a minute’s silence for Frances Baker, former sponsor of the league and more recently joint sponsor of the League Cup with Sammy Timms.
City & County ran out 80-61 winners over Division 3 side Witney Town, while league champions Headington overcame Witney Mills 77-56.
At the halfway stage, City & County led by ten shots, thanks to a good start from Chris Earl’s four.
With Alan Ley and Mark Hancock’s rinks pulling further away in the second half, City & County secured a 19-shot victory.
In the other semi-final, Witney Mills were soon trying to peg back the lead building up on Jason King’s rink, who were quickest out of the blocks.
After a battling performance by the Mills it ended up close across three of the rinks.
But the 28-8 win by King’s four helped Headington side to a 21-shot victory.
Oxford City & County A 80, Witney Town 61 (City & County skips first): P Comley 17, A Scholan 19; C Earl 21, P Demzak 13; A Ley 24, B Smith 17; M Hancock 18, B Bloomfield 12.
Headington A 77, Witney Mills 56 (Headington skips first): N Rae-Welsh 12, J Mott 17; H Watts 20, R Barnett 15; M Charlett 17, C Weller 16; J King 28, A Wiggins 8.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- We have no reason to change preparations, says Oxford United striker Chris Maguire
- FOOTBALL: Oxford Blackbirds crowned Oxford Mail Youth League's Under 12 Division C champions
- Ollie Mersch's superb century for Minster Lovell brushes aside Combe
- Mike Ford hoping to keep star men at Banbury United
- CRICKET: Charlbury's Ashley Rump hammers super 196 not out to batter Radley in OCA
- AUNT SALLY: Barry Townsend so close to a maximum
- FOOTBALL: Berinsfield stay top but North Berks title hopes rest with rivals
- FOOTBALL: Horatio Hirst hammers four-timer as Oxfordshire seal title glory
- FOOTBALL: West Witney beat Carterton Town to boost Witney & District FA title challenge
- FOOTBALL: Heyford Athletic land treble with Banbury Charity Cup win