FOUR former Henley players helped England to victory over Canada in the Women’s World Cup final in Paris.
Prop Rochelle Clark, lock Tamara Taylor, full back Danielle Waterman and centre Rachael Burford all started in England’s 21-9 win, having played at Dry Leas in the past.
WITNEY RFC’S Ted Landray helped Exeter Chiefs Academy to a 43-5 victory at Exmouth.
Landray (pictured) started at full back in the friendly clash, kicking three conversions.
CHINNOR have won their opening two friendlies as they prepare for the upcoming National 2 South season.
Matt Williams’s new-look squad followed up their 45-21 victory over Bury St Edmunds with a 43-0 success at Dudley Kingswinford on Saturday.
They will host Matson and Westcliff on the next two Saturdays before their league opener at home to Dings Crusaders on September 6.
Henley Hawks, who will entertain Chinnor in their second league game on September 13, were beaten 40-33 by Welsh side Bedwas in their latest friendly.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Dealing with Firoz Kassam has been a weakness of mine, admits Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales
- Oxford United strategy is based on one player sale a summer, says Darryl Eales
- CRICKET: Warborough & Shillingford bowler Tim Chamberlain takes all ten wickets
- FOOTBALL: St Edmunds Under 18s bow out with double celebration
- AUNT SALLY: Roger Goodall and Pip Goulding lead New Club's comeback victory
- FOOTBALL: Summertown crowned champions after one defeat all season
- CRICKET: Witney Swifts flying high after George Seacole's all-round show
- CRICKET: Horspath slide to defeat as Waqar Mohammed takes five
- Darryl Eales: Takeover rumours 'unhelpful' to Oxford United's player recruitment
- DARTS: Democrats find it hard in ODDA top-flight opener