FOUR former Henley players helped England to victory over Canada in the Women’s World Cup final in Paris.
Prop Rochelle Clark, lock Tamara Taylor, full back Danielle Waterman and centre Rachael Burford all started in England’s 21-9 win, having played at Dry Leas in the past.
WITNEY RFC’S Ted Landray helped Exeter Chiefs Academy to a 43-5 victory at Exmouth.
Landray (pictured) started at full back in the friendly clash, kicking three conversions.
CHINNOR have won their opening two friendlies as they prepare for the upcoming National 2 South season.
Matt Williams’s new-look squad followed up their 45-21 victory over Bury St Edmunds with a 43-0 success at Dudley Kingswinford on Saturday.
They will host Matson and Westcliff on the next two Saturdays before their league opener at home to Dings Crusaders on September 6.
Henley Hawks, who will entertain Chinnor in their second league game on September 13, were beaten 40-33 by Welsh side Bedwas in their latest friendly.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Jake Wright: It was a strange feeling facing Oxford United
- Oxford United fans' chat
- We let them off the hook, says Michael Appleton after Oxford United defeat
- Kane Hemmings hoping to have reason to celebrate next time he scores
- We won't make excuses, says Chey Dunkley as Oxford United beaten by Sheffield United
- MOTOGP: Bradley Smith ruled out of Silverstone GP
- FOOTBALL: Struggling Oxford City are beaten by Chelmsford City and slip into bottom three
- CRICKET: Great & Little Tew seal Division 1 safety despite rain-affected defeat
- CRICKET: Captain Will Eason hails Horspath after Division 2 title triumph
- FOOTBALL: In-form Jamie Cook scores a brace as North Leigh impress in victory