DIDCOT Town fell to an emphatic defeat in Southern League Division 1 South & West last night after losing 3-0 at home to Larkhall Athletic.
The Railwaymen produced a disappointing display which saw them trail to goals from Tyler Sibbick and Luke Bryan at the break.
The scoreline could have been worse had Town keeper James Foster not made a number of fine saves.
Sibbick scored a penalty in the second half to make it 3-0 and complete a miserable night for the hosts.
Banbury United fell to their fourth straight Premier Division defeat, after a 1-0 reverse at Hereford United.
A second-half strike from Deqwon Eubanks giving the Bulls victory.
Abingdon United ran out 4-0 winners of their FA Cup extra preliminary round replay at home to Holyport.
Alan Andrews, Wade Rutherford, Andrew Younie and Anaclet Odhiambo netted for Abingdon, who now entertain Egham Town in the next round.
Milton United beat Chertsey Town 4-1 on penalties after their replay finished level at 1-1 after normal and extra time.
Tom Austin had fired Milton ahead, but their hero was keeper Craig Griffiths, who saved twice in the shoot-out to send his side through for a home tie against Marlow.
- NORTH Leigh welcome back Andy Gunn, Brian Bowles and Aaron Woodley when they host Wantage Town in tonight’s Division 1 South & West derby at Eynsham Park.
The trio were unavailable for Saturday’s 1-0 defeat at Taunton Town, while Callum Ingram is struggling with a nasty eyebrow cut.
Wantage add Gareth Tucker and Robbie Sadler to their squad, with Ryan Millward, Jon Steedman and Jimmy Deabill likely to be fit despite limping off in the 0-0 draw with Wimborne on Saturday.
North Leigh: from Bulman, Else, Hopkins, Gunn, Bowles, Turk, Westlake, Caton, Osborne-Ricketts, McNish, Williams, Sanders, Ingram, Shepperd, M Woodley, Eadle, A Woodley.
Wantage Tn: from Farrow, Tucker, Kidd, Millward, Cattell, Steedman, Da Costa, M Jones, Barder, Sadler, Melledew, Lachacz, Johns, Riccio, Roberts, Deabill, Guy.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Joe Rothwell wants reaction from Oxford United
- ANGLING: Steve Harwood loses out by a ounce in Oxford Winter League
- TABLE TENNIS: Neil Cartwright leads British rail's express start to season
- MOTORCYCLING: Bradley Smith wary of knee injury in practice for Australian MotoGP
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars bid to bounce back in double-header
- I expect to score for Oxford United despite left-field switch – Ryan Taylor
- Michael Appleton searching for a cure to Oxford United's Jekyll & Hyde form
- Oxford United loan extension appeals to Charlie Raglan
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell set to miss cut after disastrous second round
- Port Vale sign former Newcastle United midfielder Ryan Taylor ahead of Oxford United clash