CHAD Keegan and Karl Penhale were the heroes as Oxfordshire recorded their first win of the Unicorns Counties Championship campaign in their final match after a eight-wicket success over Cheshire at Nantwich CC.
The victory means Oxon will avoid the wooden spoon, and also denied their hosts the title.
Resuming on 39-3, Cheshire were soon in trouble against the Oxon attack as Keegan and Penhale returned five-wicket hauls – Penhale’s first in Minor Counties cricket.
Keegan finished with match figures of 10-104, and hit 84 in Oxfordshire’s first innings.
Chasing 140, the visitors shrugged off the dismissals of Hugo Darby and Vishane Perera to cruise home with Lloyd Sabin (59no) and Richard Kaufman (36no) in fine form.
Oxon’s attention now turns to the final of the Unicorns Counties Trophy final at Wormsley next Wednesday.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Alex MacDonald hails Simon Eastwood for keeping Oxford United in FA Cup
- ANGLING: Carl Eland's second place puts Drennan Oxford closer to Winter League crown
- FUTSAL: Liam Palfreeman’s selection forEngland is dream come true
- SWIMMING: Jemma Lowe Olympian inspires City of Oxford’s youngsters
- TABLE TENNIS: Janet Brown causes Karl Bushell big fright in Oxford League
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Thame A close in on the Oxford League leaders
- BOXING: Mixed results for Berinsfield stars
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars looking for quick revenge on leaders
- Macclesfield Town 0, Oxford United 0
- UPDATES - Maccclesfield Town v Oxford United