CHAD Keegan and Karl Penhale were the heroes as Oxfordshire recorded their first win of the Unicorns Counties Championship campaign in their final match after a eight-wicket success over Cheshire at Nantwich CC.
The victory means Oxon will avoid the wooden spoon, and also denied their hosts the title.
Resuming on 39-3, Cheshire were soon in trouble against the Oxon attack as Keegan and Penhale returned five-wicket hauls – Penhale’s first in Minor Counties cricket.
Keegan finished with match figures of 10-104, and hit 84 in Oxfordshire’s first innings.
Chasing 140, the visitors shrugged off the dismissals of Hugo Darby and Vishane Perera to cruise home with Lloyd Sabin (59no) and Richard Kaufman (36no) in fine form.
Oxon’s attention now turns to the final of the Unicorns Counties Trophy final at Wormsley next Wednesday.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ryan Ledson and Rob Hall to deliver twin boost for Oxford United tomorrow
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell focused on ensuring losing European Tour card is just a minor setback
- FOOTBALL: Southern League previews for Didcot, Wantage, Kidlington and Banbury
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins record first victory as last kick misses target
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor bury battling opponents with six-try display to stay top of the table
- GOLF: Final pair seal Foursomes crown for Frilford Heath
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks' chances go west as Isca edge tight contest
- RUGBY UNION: Bicester scrape home to narrow derby win against Wallingford
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford are overpowered by Littlemore