Taunton Town 1
North Leigh 0
North Leigh had a day to forget as they fell to defeat in Division 1 South & West.
Horrendous traffic saw the game delayed until 3.30pm.
But it was the visitors who started best, with a Conor Ingram shot cleared off the line.
At the other end, Millers keeper Matt Bulman denied Joe Bushin.
The Millers kept up the pressure with Morgan Williams grazing the far post.
After the break, North Leigh had a penalty appeal rejected when Williams was brought down by Jamie Price.
But Taunton piled on the pressure and five minutes from time substitute Lewis Tasker fired past Bulman after the Millers’ defence failed to clear.
North Leigh tried to force an equaliser, but the hosts held on for the win.
North Leigh: Bulman, Else, Hopkins, Turk (Eadle 90), Westlake, Caton, Osborne-Ricketts, McNish, Williams, Sanders (M Woodley 87), Ingram (Shepperd 80).
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- John Lundstram pushing for Oxford United recall
- ANGLING: Jack pips grandad Brian for Littlemore victory
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Ali leads Oracle F to Oxford League title
- SWIMMING: Bicester Blue Fins prove cut above to seal fine success
- Oxford United explore possibility of fourth stand for Wycombe clash
- Oxford United are where we want to be, says Carlisle United manager Keith Curle
- James Roberts eyeing a happy ending with Oxford United after horrible season
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton hoping for different emotion on return to 'bobbins' Brunton Park
- Liam Sercombe hungry to hit one last goal target for Oxford United this season
- Deadline for Oxford United awards voting is today