Taunton Town 1
North Leigh 0
North Leigh had a day to forget as they fell to defeat in Division 1 South & West.
Horrendous traffic saw the game delayed until 3.30pm.
But it was the visitors who started best, with a Conor Ingram shot cleared off the line.
At the other end, Millers keeper Matt Bulman denied Joe Bushin.
The Millers kept up the pressure with Morgan Williams grazing the far post.
After the break, North Leigh had a penalty appeal rejected when Williams was brought down by Jamie Price.
But Taunton piled on the pressure and five minutes from time substitute Lewis Tasker fired past Bulman after the Millers’ defence failed to clear.
North Leigh tried to force an equaliser, but the hosts held on for the win.
North Leigh: Bulman, Else, Hopkins, Turk (Eadle 90), Westlake, Caton, Osborne-Ricketts, McNish, Williams, Sanders (M Woodley 87), Ingram (Shepperd 80).
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's victory against Bury
- Hat-trick hero Conor McAleny delighted to send Oxford United to Wembley on a high
- Oxford United fans breathe sigh of relief as goalkeeper Simon Eastwood plays on
- FOOTBALL: David Murphy's double puts Berinsfield in North Berks League Cup final
- FOOTBALL: Liam Godin hits four-timer as KEA reach Junior Shield final
- FOOTBALL: Olly Bush strikes a brace to lead Carterton into the last four
- FOOTBALL: Spot-on Jamie Cook seals dramatic win for North Leigh
- GIRLS FOOTBALL: Oxford City Under 13s clinch league title
- FOOTBALL: Harry Benfield guides Abingdon Youth to Under 15 KO Trophy glory
- FOOTBALL: Kyle Chester in top form as Carterton beat Didcot Town Youth Red