Taunton Town 1
North Leigh 0
North Leigh had a day to forget as they fell to defeat in Division 1 South & West.
Horrendous traffic saw the game delayed until 3.30pm.
But it was the visitors who started best, with a Conor Ingram shot cleared off the line.
At the other end, Millers keeper Matt Bulman denied Joe Bushin.
The Millers kept up the pressure with Morgan Williams grazing the far post.
After the break, North Leigh had a penalty appeal rejected when Williams was brought down by Jamie Price.
But Taunton piled on the pressure and five minutes from time substitute Lewis Tasker fired past Bulman after the Millers’ defence failed to clear.
North Leigh tried to force an equaliser, but the hosts held on for the win.
North Leigh: Bulman, Else, Hopkins, Turk (Eadle 90), Westlake, Caton, Osborne-Ricketts, McNish, Williams, Sanders (M Woodley 87), Ingram (Shepperd 80).
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Kane Hemmings hoping to have reason to celebrate next time he scores
- We won't make excuses, says Chey Dunkley as Oxford United beaten by Sheffield United
- Jake Wright: It was a strange feeling facing Oxford United
- MOTOGP: Bradley Smith ruled out of Silverstone GP
- We let them off the hook, says Michael Appleton after Oxford United defeat
- FOOTBALL: Struggling Oxford City are beaten by Chelmsford City and slip into bottom three
- CRICKET: Great & Little Tew seal Division 1 safety despite rain-affected defeat
- CRICKET: Captain Will Eason hails Horspath after Division 2 title triumph
- FOOTBALL: In-form Jamie Cook scores a brace as North Leigh impress in victory
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United hit by third straight loss in Hitchin Town defeat