Taunton Town 1
North Leigh 0
North Leigh had a day to forget as they fell to defeat in Division 1 South & West.
Horrendous traffic saw the game delayed until 3.30pm.
But it was the visitors who started best, with a Conor Ingram shot cleared off the line.
At the other end, Millers keeper Matt Bulman denied Joe Bushin.
The Millers kept up the pressure with Morgan Williams grazing the far post.
After the break, North Leigh had a penalty appeal rejected when Williams was brought down by Jamie Price.
But Taunton piled on the pressure and five minutes from time substitute Lewis Tasker fired past Bulman after the Millers’ defence failed to clear.
North Leigh tried to force an equaliser, but the hosts held on for the win.
North Leigh: Bulman, Else, Hopkins, Turk (Eadle 90), Westlake, Caton, Osborne-Ricketts, McNish, Williams, Sanders (M Woodley 87), Ingram (Shepperd 80).
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Darryl Eales: Takeover rumours 'unhelpful' to Oxford United's player recruitment
- Oxford United and Oxford City excited over new partnership at Court Place Farm
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith secures 12th place in France
- CRICKET: Shipton fall short in run chase
- CRICKET: Banbury tie in thriller, Horspath beat champions and Great Tew suffer in the rain
- WEEKEND RESULTS: May 20-21
- CRICKET: Jack Brooks celebrates maiden first-class century
- GOLF:Eddie Pepperell's in the money in Sicily
- ATHLETICS: Hannah England wins in Loughborough
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire 'over the moon' after reaching third Twickenham final