Taunton Town 1
North Leigh 0
North Leigh had a day to forget as they fell to defeat in Division 1 South & West.
Horrendous traffic saw the game delayed until 3.30pm.
But it was the visitors who started best, with a Conor Ingram shot cleared off the line.
At the other end, Millers keeper Matt Bulman denied Joe Bushin.
The Millers kept up the pressure with Morgan Williams grazing the far post.
After the break, North Leigh had a penalty appeal rejected when Williams was brought down by Jamie Price.
But Taunton piled on the pressure and five minutes from time substitute Lewis Tasker fired past Bulman after the Millers’ defence failed to clear.
North Leigh tried to force an equaliser, but the hosts held on for the win.
North Leigh: Bulman, Else, Hopkins, Turk (Eadle 90), Westlake, Caton, Osborne-Ricketts, McNish, Williams, Sanders (M Woodley 87), Ingram (Shepperd 80).
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- James Roberts nets in Oxford United's pre-season draw at Bath
- Michael Appleton hopeful of sealing deals for attacking players next week
- ROWING: Constantine Louloudis eyes chance to extend GB's golden record at Rio Olympics
- FOOTBALL: Les Taylor backs Oxford United Women to learn from errors ahead of Everton clash
- BOXING: Bicester star Adi Burden impresses on professional debut with knockout victory
- CRICKET: Ian Caunce's century inspires Oxfordshire Over 60s to victory
- MOTORSPORT: Williams driver Valtteri Bottas looking forward to Finnish invasion at Hungarian Grand Prix
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Under 14s edged out in thriller
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford clean up at three-day gala
- ICE SKATING: Oxford skaters waltz off with medals at national championships