Bishops Cleeve 0
Didcot Tn 5 (Mills 10, 38, 45, 85, Elkins 22)
John Mills helped himself to four goals as Didcot Town stormed to victory at the Southern League Division 1 South & West basement boys.
The results sees the Railwaymen go third in the table.
After withstanding early pressure from the hosts, Didcot took the lead.
Mills charged forward before curling his shot past Paul Tassell in the Cleeve goal.
At the other end, Didcot’s Adam Learoyd made a last-ditch tackle on Joe Tustain, before his side doubled their lead.
Jamie Lock’s header to Tassell was intercepted by Sam Elkins who headed in from a tight angle.
Shortly before the break, Mills doubled his tally when he latched onto a James Organ pass before firing in.
Right on half-time, Mills completed his treble when he headed home a cross from James Organ.
Bishops Cleeve tried to restore some pride in the second half, but were unable to test James Foster in the Didcot goal.
Mills should have had a fourth when he was put in, but the striker shot wide.
However, the hot-shot didn’t have to wait long for No 4 when another mix up allowed Mills to round Callum Preece and score into an empty net for 5-0.
Mills spurned the chance for his fifth goal, as Didcot ended the game at a canter.
Didcot Tn: Foster, Heapy (Parish 72), Organ, Baines, Carnell, Learoyd, Elkins, Clarks, Mills, Abrahart (Dutton-Black 78), Whitehead (McKirnan 64). Subs not used: Self, Williams.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United net glamour pre-season date with Premier League champions Leicester City
- FOOTBALL: Teams to play in tournament in memory of Derek Measor
- FOOTBALL: Charlbury Town Under 12s land national title with 2-0 victory at King Power Stadium
- CRICKET: Cherwell League round-up – Dominant Cumnor again thwarted by weather
- CRICKET: OCA League round-up – Atkins stars as Charlbury beat Stonesfield and the rain
- AUNT SALLY: Magnificent Andy Lewis goes close to joining the maximum men in Greene King Oxford & District League
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise
- FOOTBALL: Leaving North Leigh was not a decision I took lightly - manager Mark Gee