Ian Bryan’s spell of 5-40 was in vain as Great & Little Tew lost by 73 runs to Amersham in Division 2 on Saturday.
Bryan took five wickets in a row to wipe out the hosts’ middle-order, but Amersham still set 193.
This was too many for Davidstow Village Cup finalists Tew, who were always behind the required rate.
At 99-4 they had a slim hope, but when three wickets fell for two runs, the writing was on the wall and they were all out for 120 in the 32nd over.
Amersham 20pts, Great & Litte Tew 6
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Highly-rated teenager Tyler Roberts joins Oxford United on loan from West Brom
- Darryl Eales: Fan boycott would hurt Oxford United more than the EFL Trophy
- Oxford United's record-breaking season ticket sales pass 5,000
- VIDEO: Watch Oxford United signing Tyler Roberts scoring for West Brom
- Kane Hemmings out to make immediate impact at Oxford United
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell among leading pack after first round in Thailand
- Majority of Oxford United fans in poll prepared to boycott EFL Trophy
- ATHLETICS: Brilliant Tom Anstice claims three titles and breaks Radley club record
- BOWLS: Singles champion Chris Gilkes comes so close to historic Oxfordshire title double
- BOWLS: Headington and Carterton to vie for Oxfordshire League crown