Ellie Noble’s all-round display wasn’t enough to save Oxfordshire Under 17s from a two-run defeat by Leicestershire & Rutland in the ECB Women’s County Championship Performance Group 2 at Aston Rowant.
Noble took 4-13 off 7.4 overs as the visitors were bowled out for 108 after being put in to bat, with Harriet Boland (2-17) providing good support.
That represented quite a fightback after Leicestershire had put on 48 for the first wicket.
Oxfordshire then slumped to 41-5, before losing Louise Myatt, who had to retire hurt after being hit on the elbow.
Noble then raised Oxon’s hopes with an unbeaten 34, only to run out of partners as the hosts were bowled out for 106 with five overs left.
Three days earlier, Harriet Boland starred with 4-12 as Oxfordshire beat Staffordshire by eight wickets at Bicester & North Oxford.
Her super spell helped polish Staffs off for 67, with Riannon Brown (2-2) and Noble (2-6) also among the wickets.
Eliza Goode (27no) and Noble (20no) then took Oxon to 70-2.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Weekend results: October 22 & 23
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United's fine unbeaten run is ended at hands of Frome
- FOOTBALL: Last-gasp Jordan Graham goal earns Didcot Town a point at Hereford
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith pleased with points haul at Phillip Island
- MOTORSPORT: Felipe Massa lands top ten spot for Williams at US Grand Prix
- There are some good signs, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton after 2-2 draw at Port Vale
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Port Vale
- Port Vale 2 (Cicilia 54, Taylor pen 59), Oxford United 2 (Dunkley 11, Crowley 19)
- UPDATES - Port Vale v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Coventry proved frustrating but we will show our mettle today at Port Vale