Ellie Noble’s all-round display wasn’t enough to save Oxfordshire Under 17s from a two-run defeat by Leicestershire & Rutland in the ECB Women’s County Championship Performance Group 2 at Aston Rowant.
Noble took 4-13 off 7.4 overs as the visitors were bowled out for 108 after being put in to bat, with Harriet Boland (2-17) providing good support.
That represented quite a fightback after Leicestershire had put on 48 for the first wicket.
Oxfordshire then slumped to 41-5, before losing Louise Myatt, who had to retire hurt after being hit on the elbow.
Noble then raised Oxon’s hopes with an unbeaten 34, only to run out of partners as the hosts were bowled out for 106 with five overs left.
Three days earlier, Harriet Boland starred with 4-12 as Oxfordshire beat Staffordshire by eight wickets at Bicester & North Oxford.
Her super spell helped polish Staffs off for 67, with Riannon Brown (2-2) and Noble (2-6) also among the wickets.
Eliza Goode (27no) and Noble (20no) then took Oxon to 70-2.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Striker George Jeacock signs professional contract with Oxford United
- Oxford United supporters' group OxVox say season ticket rise is 'expected and accepted' by most fans
- Oxford United: Season ticket price increase necessary to compete in League One
- ICE HOCKEY: Highly-rated Ben Nethersell on board with Oxford City Stars as duo re-sign
- GOLF: Steady first round from Eddie Pepperell at Wentworth
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell looking forward to Wentworth
- BOWLS: Tidball's last shot earns South Oxford thrilling victory
- TENNIS: Alexis Canter upbeat over fitness ahead of junior French Open bid
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Oxford Saints too strong for Jurassic Coast Raptors
- ATHLETICS: Emma O'Hara stars as Radley are made to battle in Southern League