EMMA Bristow, from Lincolnshire, was crowned ladies’ champion after storming to victory at the Berks Bonanza Arena Super Trial at Aston Tirrold, near Didcot.
Former British champion Becky Cooke (Isle of Wight) was second at the two-day event, which was promoted by the North Berks Motorcycle Club.
Alicia Robinson, from East Hagbourne, finished third in the girls’ category, which was won by Bristol’s Victoria Payne.
James Dabill retained his men’s title after holding off the challenge of fellow Yorkshireman Michael Brown, who was second.
However, there was disappointment for Alexz Wigg, from Winslow, the nephew of the late famous Oxford speedway and world longtrack champion Simon Wigg.
He completed two good qualifying laps, but was then eliminated from the final.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton confident Oxford United are close to new signing
- Oxford United denied cash boost from Kemar Roofe transfer after Leeds United's failure to make play-offs
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire clinch first Twickenham win after dramatic finale
- RESULTS: May 27-28
- CRICKET: Home Counties Premier League reports
- MOTORSPORT: Haas and Williams in the points at Monaco Grand Prix
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire beat Sussex in dramatic Twickenham final
- TWICKENHAM: Captain Allan Purchase honoured to lead Oxfordshire in County Championship Plate final
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows eyeing glory after heartbreak as a player
- TWICKENHAM: Banbury duo Ed Phillips and Sam Stoop relishing chance to make history for Oxfordshire