EMMA Bristow, from Lincolnshire, was crowned ladies’ champion after storming to victory at the Berks Bonanza Arena Super Trial at Aston Tirrold, near Didcot.
Former British champion Becky Cooke (Isle of Wight) was second at the two-day event, which was promoted by the North Berks Motorcycle Club.
Alicia Robinson, from East Hagbourne, finished third in the girls’ category, which was won by Bristol’s Victoria Payne.
James Dabill retained his men’s title after holding off the challenge of fellow Yorkshireman Michael Brown, who was second.
However, there was disappointment for Alexz Wigg, from Winslow, the nephew of the late famous Oxford speedway and world longtrack champion Simon Wigg.
He completed two good qualifying laps, but was then eliminated from the final.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United agree loan for £2.4m striker Toni Martinez from West Ham
- Oxford United pass pitch inspection ahead of Checkatrade Trophy tie with Bradford City
- WATCH: Oxford United loan signing spectacularly scoring for West Ham in Checkatrade Trophy
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Michael Appleton delighted at four-midable Oxford United display
- Rob Hall owes me one, jokes Marvin Johnson after Oxford United win at Rochdale
- Ryan Ledson overjoyed at breaking his duck in Oxford United victory
- CRICKET: Ian Hawtin appointed chairman of selectors for Oxfordshire
- FOOTBALL: Conor McDonagh’s double shoots Banbury United into play-off spots
- FOOTBALL: Depleted North Leigh battle hard for a draw at Evesham