Oxfordshire's Lawrence Clarke had to pull out of the 110 metres hurdles final at the European Championships in Zurich tonight after injuring himself in the warm-up.
Clarke, who qualified for the final after coming third in his semi-final earlier in the evening, tweaked a hamstring.
Britain's William Sharman won a silver medal in the race.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Liam Sercombe gets fitness boost but Oxford United await news on Alex MacDonald scan
- Ryan Taylor is fit and raring to go for Oxford United this season
- WEEKEND RESULTS July 23-24
- CRICKET: George Munsey's super spell steers Division 2 leaders Oxford to derby win over Aston Rowant
- CRICKET: Luke Ryan is the hero as Banbury beat Burnham in Division 1
- ATHLETICS: Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas left frustrated at Muller Anniversary Games
- MOTORSPORT: Renault's Jolyon Palmer rues costly spin at Hungarian Grand Prix
- James Roberts nets in Oxford United's pre-season draw at Bath
- Michael Appleton hopeful of sealing deals for attacking players next week
- ROWING: Constantine Louloudis eyes chance to extend GB's golden record at Rio Olympics