Oxfordshire's Lawrence Clarke had to pull out of the 110 metres hurdles final at the European Championships in Zurich tonight after injuring himself in the warm-up.
Clarke, who qualified for the final after coming third in his semi-final earlier in the evening, tweaked a hamstring.
Britain's William Sharman won a silver medal in the race.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ryan Ledson and Rob Hall to deliver twin boost for Oxford United tomorrow
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell focused on ensuring losing European Tour card is just a minor setback
- FOOTBALL: Southern League previews for Didcot, Wantage, Kidlington and Banbury
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins record first victory as last kick misses target
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor bury battling opponents with six-try display to stay top of the table
- GOLF: Final pair seal Foursomes crown for Frilford Heath
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks' chances go west as Isca edge tight contest
- RUGBY UNION: Bicester scrape home to narrow derby win against Wallingford
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford are overpowered by Littlemore