Jamie Perkin returns as Oxfordshire bid to spoil Cheshire’s quest to be crowned Unicorns Counties Championship Western Division champions in their final three-day game of the season at Nantwich, starting on Sunday.
The Oxford batsman was unavailable as Oxon got the upper hand in their last game against basement rivals Berkshire at Great & Little Tew, which ended in a rain-affected draw.
That took Luke Ryan’s side off the foot of the table by one point, but left them still looking for their first win.
Aston Rowant batsman Chris Watling and Banbury off-spinner Jimmy Phillips are unavailable due to work commitments.
Oxfordshire’s campaign has been bedevilled with selection problems, mainly due to unavailability.
And it was only last night that they managed to get their 11th player, as Oxford batsman Vishane Perera came into the side.
While Oxon seek their first victory, Cheshire are chasing the title, afterstorming to the top with a 226-run win away to Wiltshire.
An added incentive for Cheshire is that the Western Division winners will host the Championship final.
Oxfordshire: L Ryan (capt) (Banbury), J Cater (Banbury), H Darby (Spencer), R Kaufman (Old Northamptonians), C Keegan (Henley), L Manley (Banbury), K Penhale (Aston Rowant), J Perkin (Oxford), L Sabin (Banbury), S Alam (Leamington), V Perera (Oxford).
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- We will always have a go, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United hit three-goal blitz to land another win
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Charlton Athletic
- Charlton boss Russell Slade unhappy with side over Oxford United equaliser
- MOTOR SPORT: Bradley Smith makes speedy recovery to line up in Japan
- Oxford United 1 (Maguire 67), Charlton Athletic 1 (Jackson pen 54)
- Oxford United v Charlton Athletic - UPDATES
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Charlton will be a tough test but we’re ready to challenge
- Grateful Marvin Johnson aiming to repay Oxford United fans with goal against Charlton
- BILLIARDS: Bob Chivers break boosts Fieldside