Oxfordshire secured promotion in the Women’s 35 Inter-County Championships at Eastbourne.
They won all three matches, beating North Wales, Cornwall and Northamptonshire 3-2, with Mandy Nall the key to Oxon’s success with six victories from six.
Oxfordshire Over 50s women completed a 3-1 win against Berkshire to top Division 3 of the Seniors Inter-county championships and gain promotion to Division 2.
Mary Joyner, Tracey Hodson, Liz Gilkes and Ruth Ballantyne were the successful team.
Virgin Active ladies stay top of the Oxfordshire LTA Wilson Summer League Division 1 table after a 2-2 draw at Wantage, meaning they must beat Oxford Sports in their final game to win the title.
Ladies Div 1: Oxford City 3, Wantage 1; Virgin Active 2, Wantage B 2. Div 3: Kingston Bagpuize 2, Witney 2; Woodstock B 2, Mapledurham 2 Men’s Div 1: Banbury B 4, Banbury 0. Div 2: North Oxford B 1, Thame 3; Oxford Sports B 2, Woodstock B 2; Wychwoods 3, Portcullis 1. Div 3: Abingdon B 1, Bicester 3; David Lloyd 3, Bicester B 1.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Permutations: Nine teams in League One have all to play for in final game today
- Oxford United in talks to extend contract of skipper John Lundstram beyond next season
- Oxford United out to sign off on a high against Shrewsbury
- BOXING: Jordan Flynn’s offered Olympic trial despite defeat
- MOTORSPORT: Renault driver Jolyon Palmer is against new safety shield
- BASKETBALL: Oxfordshire trio in junior regional side
- ANGLING: Holder Craig Partridge gets off to flying start
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford driver Matt Chapman facing first two-hour endurance test
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford's David Murphy competes against Olympic champion in British final
- Canice Carroll raring for next season already after breaking into Oxford United's side