Oxfordshire secured promotion in the Women’s 35 Inter-County Championships at Eastbourne.
They won all three matches, beating North Wales, Cornwall and Northamptonshire 3-2, with Mandy Nall the key to Oxon’s success with six victories from six.
Oxfordshire Over 50s women completed a 3-1 win against Berkshire to top Division 3 of the Seniors Inter-county championships and gain promotion to Division 2.
Mary Joyner, Tracey Hodson, Liz Gilkes and Ruth Ballantyne were the successful team.
Virgin Active ladies stay top of the Oxfordshire LTA Wilson Summer League Division 1 table after a 2-2 draw at Wantage, meaning they must beat Oxford Sports in their final game to win the title.
Ladies Div 1: Oxford City 3, Wantage 1; Virgin Active 2, Wantage B 2. Div 3: Kingston Bagpuize 2, Witney 2; Woodstock B 2, Mapledurham 2 Men’s Div 1: Banbury B 4, Banbury 0. Div 2: North Oxford B 1, Thame 3; Oxford Sports B 2, Woodstock B 2; Wychwoods 3, Portcullis 1. Div 3: Abingdon B 1, Bicester 3; David Lloyd 3, Bicester B 1.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Curtis Nelson calls on Oxford United to learn from Port Vale draw
- Oxford United defender Joe Skarz happy with return from injury but frustrated with Port Vale draw
- There are some good signs, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton after 2-2 draw at Port Vale
- FOOTBALL: Skipper Scott Davies is sent off as depleted Oxford City hold on for point
- Weekend results: October 22 & 23
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United's fine unbeaten run is ended at hands of Frome
- FOOTBALL: Last-gasp Jordan Graham goal earns Didcot Town a point at Hereford
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith pleased with points haul at Phillip Island
- MOTORSPORT: Felipe Massa lands top ten spot for Williams at US Grand Prix
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Port Vale