Oxfordshire secured promotion in the Women’s 35 Inter-County Championships at Eastbourne.
They won all three matches, beating North Wales, Cornwall and Northamptonshire 3-2, with Mandy Nall the key to Oxon’s success with six victories from six.
Oxfordshire Over 50s women completed a 3-1 win against Berkshire to top Division 3 of the Seniors Inter-county championships and gain promotion to Division 2.
Mary Joyner, Tracey Hodson, Liz Gilkes and Ruth Ballantyne were the successful team.
Virgin Active ladies stay top of the Oxfordshire LTA Wilson Summer League Division 1 table after a 2-2 draw at Wantage, meaning they must beat Oxford Sports in their final game to win the title.
Ladies Div 1: Oxford City 3, Wantage 1; Virgin Active 2, Wantage B 2. Div 3: Kingston Bagpuize 2, Witney 2; Woodstock B 2, Mapledurham 2 Men’s Div 1: Banbury B 4, Banbury 0. Div 2: North Oxford B 1, Thame 3; Oxford Sports B 2, Woodstock B 2; Wychwoods 3, Portcullis 1. Div 3: Abingdon B 1, Bicester 3; David Lloyd 3, Bicester B 1.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Arsenal youngster Dan Crowley joins Oxford United on a season-long loan
- Oxford United arrange second game for pre-season trip to Spain
- Oxford United season ticket sales set to break new ground at Kassam Stadium
- TENNIS: Alexis Canter thrilled by Wimbledon call
- CRICKET: Vice-captain Jonny Cater backs Oxfordshire to end poor run in Unicorns Counties Championship
- RUGBY UNION: Bevon Armitage has high hopes after signing for Chinnor
- CRICKET: Great & Little Tew captain Andy Harris delighted by Joe Thomas form
- CRICKET: John Barrett hails Oxford's quality ahead of Thame Town derby
- TENNIS: Ustic saves match points on way to maiden title
- ROWING: Oxon crews reign at damp Reading regatta