Oxfordshire secured promotion in the Women’s 35 Inter-County Championships at Eastbourne.
They won all three matches, beating North Wales, Cornwall and Northamptonshire 3-2, with Mandy Nall the key to Oxon’s success with six victories from six.
Oxfordshire Over 50s women completed a 3-1 win against Berkshire to top Division 3 of the Seniors Inter-county championships and gain promotion to Division 2.
Mary Joyner, Tracey Hodson, Liz Gilkes and Ruth Ballantyne were the successful team.
Virgin Active ladies stay top of the Oxfordshire LTA Wilson Summer League Division 1 table after a 2-2 draw at Wantage, meaning they must beat Oxford Sports in their final game to win the title.
Ladies Div 1: Oxford City 3, Wantage 1; Virgin Active 2, Wantage B 2. Div 3: Kingston Bagpuize 2, Witney 2; Woodstock B 2, Mapledurham 2 Men’s Div 1: Banbury B 4, Banbury 0. Div 2: North Oxford B 1, Thame 3; Oxford Sports B 2, Woodstock B 2; Wychwoods 3, Portcullis 1. Div 3: Abingdon B 1, Bicester 3; David Lloyd 3, Bicester B 1.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- MOTOR SPORT: Witney driver James Hall lightens load ahead of rally season
- Josh Ashby to stay at Oxford City for season after Oxford United agree extension
- Oxford United sell a third of their tickets before FA Cup opponents are confirmed
- Silly errors cost us dear, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton
- MOTORSPORT: Felipe Massa returns to Williams as Valtteri Bottas completes Mercedes switch
- Oxford United fans' chat
- We studied them all week, but failed to deliver, says Oxford United skipper John Lundstram after AFC Wimbledon defeat
- Neal Ardley disappointed AFC Wimbledon did not score more
- Rob Hall gutted his early Oxford United goal counts for nothing
- FOOTBALL: Conor McDonagh’s strike lifts Banbury United to edge of play-offs