Oxfordshire secured promotion in the Women’s 35 Inter-County Championships at Eastbourne.
They won all three matches, beating North Wales, Cornwall and Northamptonshire 3-2, with Mandy Nall the key to Oxon’s success with six victories from six.
Oxfordshire Over 50s women completed a 3-1 win against Berkshire to top Division 3 of the Seniors Inter-county championships and gain promotion to Division 2.
Mary Joyner, Tracey Hodson, Liz Gilkes and Ruth Ballantyne were the successful team.
Virgin Active ladies stay top of the Oxfordshire LTA Wilson Summer League Division 1 table after a 2-2 draw at Wantage, meaning they must beat Oxford Sports in their final game to win the title.
Ladies Div 1: Oxford City 3, Wantage 1; Virgin Active 2, Wantage B 2. Div 3: Kingston Bagpuize 2, Witney 2; Woodstock B 2, Mapledurham 2 Men’s Div 1: Banbury B 4, Banbury 0. Div 2: North Oxford B 1, Thame 3; Oxford Sports B 2, Woodstock B 2; Wychwoods 3, Portcullis 1. Div 3: Abingdon B 1, Bicester 3; David Lloyd 3, Bicester B 1.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise
- FOOTBALL: Leaving North Leigh was not a decision I took lightly - manager Mark Gee
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Captain Kat Nutman leads by example as Oxford United beat Watford
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL suffer ninth-straight loss in Doncaster defeat
- FOOTBALL: Lewis Gabbidon lands double honour at Kidlington presentation night
- GOLF: Superb Adam Wootton wins CK Group PGA Kent Open Championship
- DARTS: Pairs whitewash seals it for Challow British Legion
- Johnny Mullins the high-profile departure as Oxford United announce retained list