Five Oxfordshire Under 14 players had a week to remember after featuring in the HSBC Road to Wimbledon event at SW19 and meeting Tim Henman.
Tom Craig (Sutton Courtenay), Ollie Broadhurst (Standlake), Evie Phillips (Faringdon) and Saffy Gujral (East End) played in the Grade 3 event, with Edward Green (Abingdon School) in Grade 2 action.
Broadhurst reached the last 16 before, with Gujral and Phillips making it to the main draw of the girls event.
Craig is still involved in the consolation event, but Green found the going tough and suffered an early exit.
Ed Green’s fine run continued when he reached the final of the under 14 event at the Yonex Abingdon Open.
The county’s No 1 lost 6-2, 6-2 to Yorkshire’s Matthew Clegg having beaten Ben Moore, of Leicestershire 6-0, 6-2 in the semi-final.
Taysie Gujral, from East End, won the under 16 Grade 4 with a 6-2, 6-2 win over Hampshire’s Anda Manole.
Krishan Badiani, of Kid-lington, triumphed in an all-Oxfordshire final, beating Wantage’s Will Taylor 7-5, 6-1 to claim the under 12 title.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United
- ATHLETICS: Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas selected for European Championships
- Details announced for Oxford United's EFL Cup tie at Birmingham City
- CRICKET: Shaun Cross takes four as Shipton cruise into last 16 of Davidstow Village Cup
- ATHLETICS: Clarke books ticket to Rio Olympics and vows best is yet to come
- ATHLETICS: Douglas claims British triple jump title, but yet to seal place to Rio
- WEEKEND RESULTS June 25 & 26
- CRICKET: Samad Fallah takes seven as Oxford rout Gerrards Cross
- ATHLETICS: Ennis delighted to reach 200m final
- VIDEO: Watch goals from new Oxford United striker Wes Thomas