Five Oxfordshire Under 14 players had a week to remember after featuring in the HSBC Road to Wimbledon event at SW19 and meeting Tim Henman.
Tom Craig (Sutton Courtenay), Ollie Broadhurst (Standlake), Evie Phillips (Faringdon) and Saffy Gujral (East End) played in the Grade 3 event, with Edward Green (Abingdon School) in Grade 2 action.
Broadhurst reached the last 16 before, with Gujral and Phillips making it to the main draw of the girls event.
Craig is still involved in the consolation event, but Green found the going tough and suffered an early exit.
Ed Green’s fine run continued when he reached the final of the under 14 event at the Yonex Abingdon Open.
The county’s No 1 lost 6-2, 6-2 to Yorkshire’s Matthew Clegg having beaten Ben Moore, of Leicestershire 6-0, 6-2 in the semi-final.
Taysie Gujral, from East End, won the under 16 Grade 4 with a 6-2, 6-2 win over Hampshire’s Anda Manole.
Krishan Badiani, of Kid-lington, triumphed in an all-Oxfordshire final, beating Wantage’s Will Taylor 7-5, 6-1 to claim the under 12 title.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Callum O'Dowda's slim Euro 2016 hopes look over after watching Ireland draw
- GOLF: Poor start sees Eddie Pepperell miss Wentworth cut
- YOUTH CRICKET: Ben Charlesworth takes centre stage with two impressive knocks
- MOTORSPORT: Williams' Valtteri Bottas on a mission to end his Monaco hoodoo in F1
- POINT-TO-POINT: Alan Hill hoping for Kingston Blount glory
- BOXING: Clarke and Robinson claim wins for Blackbird Leys
- KAYAKING: Ava Dale to show off Great Britain vest
- ANGLING: Higgins pips Pether to big title
- UPDATE: Oxford United fans in a hurry to snap-up season tickets
- Callum O'Dowda an unused substitute in Republic of Ireland's draw with the Netherlands