Five Oxfordshire Under 14 players had a week to remember after featuring in the HSBC Road to Wimbledon event at SW19 and meeting Tim Henman.
Tom Craig (Sutton Courtenay), Ollie Broadhurst (Standlake), Evie Phillips (Faringdon) and Saffy Gujral (East End) played in the Grade 3 event, with Edward Green (Abingdon School) in Grade 2 action.
Broadhurst reached the last 16 before, with Gujral and Phillips making it to the main draw of the girls event.
Craig is still involved in the consolation event, but Green found the going tough and suffered an early exit.
Ed Green’s fine run continued when he reached the final of the under 14 event at the Yonex Abingdon Open.
The county’s No 1 lost 6-2, 6-2 to Yorkshire’s Matthew Clegg having beaten Ben Moore, of Leicestershire 6-0, 6-2 in the semi-final.
Taysie Gujral, from East End, won the under 16 Grade 4 with a 6-2, 6-2 win over Hampshire’s Anda Manole.
Krishan Badiani, of Kid-lington, triumphed in an all-Oxfordshire final, beating Wantage’s Will Taylor 7-5, 6-1 to claim the under 12 title.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Toni Martinez excited by prospect of making Oxford United debut in FA Cup clash with Newcastle United
- Silence from Firoz Kassam as stadium talks continue
- Ryan Taylor: Wembley impossible to ignore for Oxford United in Checkatrade Trophy quarter-final
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks are held to draw after Kyle Barnes's brace gives them flying start
- FOOTBALL: Ricky Johnson out as Banbury United take on play-off rivals Chesham United
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor return to the top of National League 2 South as Basil Strang stars in Redingensians win
- RUGBY UNION: Banbury unbeaten run ends in Newbury defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Victory sees Bicester go top of Southern Counties North, but Gosford All Blacks are beaten
- RUGBY UNION: Littlemore and Wheatley claim derby spoils + VIDEO
- Oxford United agree loan for £2.4m striker Toni Martinez from West Ham