Five Oxfordshire Under 14 players had a week to remember after featuring in the HSBC Road to Wimbledon event at SW19 and meeting Tim Henman.
Tom Craig (Sutton Courtenay), Ollie Broadhurst (Standlake), Evie Phillips (Faringdon) and Saffy Gujral (East End) played in the Grade 3 event, with Edward Green (Abingdon School) in Grade 2 action.
Broadhurst reached the last 16 before, with Gujral and Phillips making it to the main draw of the girls event.
Craig is still involved in the consolation event, but Green found the going tough and suffered an early exit.
Ed Green’s fine run continued when he reached the final of the under 14 event at the Yonex Abingdon Open.
The county’s No 1 lost 6-2, 6-2 to Yorkshire’s Matthew Clegg having beaten Ben Moore, of Leicestershire 6-0, 6-2 in the semi-final.
Taysie Gujral, from East End, won the under 16 Grade 4 with a 6-2, 6-2 win over Hampshire’s Anda Manole.
Krishan Badiani, of Kid-lington, triumphed in an all-Oxfordshire final, beating Wantage’s Will Taylor 7-5, 6-1 to claim the under 12 title.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Wembley tickets to go on sale at Oxford United
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins prop Matt Edney set for year-long New Zealand trip
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars demolished by London Raiders in play-offs
- RUGBY UNION: Tom Stileman, Jordan Brodley and Sam Pointon named in England Students squad for Ireland Universities clash at Iffley Road
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City’s Stewart Thorp helps Great Britain win silver at Indoor World Masters Championships
- AUNT SALLY: John Townsend dominates Kidlington Winter League finals night
- BAR BILLIARDS: Gladiators Club A close in on Division 2 crown
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's victory against Bury
- Hat-trick hero Conor McAleny delighted to send Oxford United to Wembley on a high
- Oxford United fans breathe sigh of relief as goalkeeper Simon Eastwood plays on