Five Oxfordshire Under 14 players had a week to remember after featuring in the HSBC Road to Wimbledon event at SW19 and meeting Tim Henman.
Tom Craig (Sutton Courtenay), Ollie Broadhurst (Standlake), Evie Phillips (Faringdon) and Saffy Gujral (East End) played in the Grade 3 event, with Edward Green (Abingdon School) in Grade 2 action.
Broadhurst reached the last 16 before, with Gujral and Phillips making it to the main draw of the girls event.
Craig is still involved in the consolation event, but Green found the going tough and suffered an early exit.
Ed Green’s fine run continued when he reached the final of the under 14 event at the Yonex Abingdon Open.
The county’s No 1 lost 6-2, 6-2 to Yorkshire’s Matthew Clegg having beaten Ben Moore, of Leicestershire 6-0, 6-2 in the semi-final.
Taysie Gujral, from East End, won the under 16 Grade 4 with a 6-2, 6-2 win over Hampshire’s Anda Manole.
Krishan Badiani, of Kid-lington, triumphed in an all-Oxfordshire final, beating Wantage’s Will Taylor 7-5, 6-1 to claim the under 12 title.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United give Conor McAleny deadline on contract offer
- Dealing with Firoz Kassam has been a weakness of mine, admits Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales
- Oxford United strategy is based on one player sale a summer, says Darryl Eales
- CRICKET: Warborough & Shillingford bowler Tim Chamberlain takes all ten wickets
- FOOTBALL: St Edmunds Under 18s bow out with double celebration
- AUNT SALLY: Roger Goodall and Pip Goulding lead New Club's comeback victory
- FOOTBALL: Summertown crowned champions after one defeat all season
- CRICKET: Witney Swifts flying high after George Seacole's all-round show
- CRICKET: Horspath slide to defeat as Waqar Mohammed takes five
- Darryl Eales: Takeover rumours 'unhelpful' to Oxford United's player recruitment