Wantage trainer Henry Candy landed a 125-1 double at Salisbury yesterday with Twilight Son (5-1) and Lady Pimpernel (20-1).
Lady Pimpernel landed the Listed EBF Stallions Upavon Fillies’ Stakes under Dane O’Neill, while Fergus Sweeney was on board Twilight Son in a maiden stakes.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton happy to see tackles flying in during Oxford United training
- Liam Sercombe: Oxford United looking to take advantage of Southend United's fragile confidence
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh manager John Brough turns down rival offer
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks Ladies beaten after missing numerous chances
- RUGBY UNION: Super Danny Barnes is hat-trick hero as Chinnor run riot in 12-try show
- DARTS: Oxfordshire make home start in County Championship
- GOLF: Oxford City narrow the gap on leaders Frilford Heath
- RUGBY UNION: Battling Henley Hawks dig deep to see off Exmouth
- RUGBY UNION: Witney’s winning start in South West 1 East comes to abrupt end
- We will always have a go, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton