IT’S all-change at the top of the Oxford Summer League Group A table with Masons moving to the summit after beating Didcot Conservative Club 4-2, writes PETE EWINS.
Martyn Wood (4,550) and Alan Lowe, who narrowly edged past Sue Atkins 3,690-3,500, put hosts Masons 2-0 in front.
Didcot fought back to level at 2-2 thanks to wins from Dave Tooke, over Mick Murphy, and Jenny Florey, who beat Wood.
However, Lowe and Murphy won their final matches to give Masons victory.
Berinsfield beat West Oxford Democrats Club 51/2-1/2, with wins from Geoff Mace (7,240 & 4,470), Craig Mace (9,400 & 4,260) and Phil McFarland (4,920).
Eddie Tebby won half a point for Democrats after drawing with McFarland in the last game.
Marlborough Club B are the new leaders of Group B after defeating Gladiators A 5-1 at home.
Marlborough’s A side climbed into second after a 5-1 win at Gladiators B.
Didcot Con Club v Berinsfield, Democrats v Vikings, Marlborough A v Marlborough B, Gladiators A v Bletchington.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Latest Sport news
- Kate Williamson, 70, stunned to be going head-to-head with Olympic silver medallist in Oxfordshire Sports Awards
- FOOTBALL: Hanborough edge into last four of Fred Ford Cup with shoot-out victory against Aston
- FOOTBALL: Saxton Rovers send North Berks League Division 1 leaders Berinsfield to first defeat
- YOUTH FOOTBALL: Brilliant Bleakley hits four as Summertown Eagles surpass Grove’s challenge
- GIRLS' FOOTBALL: Bethany Chapman and Hermione Prescott impress as Headington advance in Under 12 League Cup
- FOOTBALL: Hook Norton earn Oxfordshire Senior Cup tie with Banbury United
- FOOTBALL: Union Street secure comeback win over Oxford City FA leaders Lusitanos Oxford
- Oxford United loan target Tyler Roberts joins Sky Bet League One strugglers
- Oxford United closing in on first new signing of January transfer window
- Banbury United forced to settle for draw at Weymouth as hosts hit back