IT’S all-change at the top of the Oxford Summer League Group A table with Masons moving to the summit after beating Didcot Conservative Club 4-2, writes PETE EWINS.
Martyn Wood (4,550) and Alan Lowe, who narrowly edged past Sue Atkins 3,690-3,500, put hosts Masons 2-0 in front.
Didcot fought back to level at 2-2 thanks to wins from Dave Tooke, over Mick Murphy, and Jenny Florey, who beat Wood.
However, Lowe and Murphy won their final matches to give Masons victory.
Berinsfield beat West Oxford Democrats Club 51/2-1/2, with wins from Geoff Mace (7,240 & 4,470), Craig Mace (9,400 & 4,260) and Phil McFarland (4,920).
Eddie Tebby won half a point for Democrats after drawing with McFarland in the last game.
Marlborough Club B are the new leaders of Group B after defeating Gladiators A 5-1 at home.
Marlborough’s A side climbed into second after a 5-1 win at Gladiators B.
Didcot Con Club v Berinsfield, Democrats v Vikings, Marlborough A v Marlborough B, Gladiators A v Bletchington.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Latest Sport news
- Sheffield United 2 (Sharp 65, Wilson 73), Oxford United 1 (Hemmings 16)
- LIVE - Sheffield United v Oxford United
- Oxford United forward Chris Maguire eager to keep Sheffield United quiet
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It is crucial we start well to silence the home support
- MOTORSPORT: Williams duo Bottas and Massa ready for Spa test
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire beat Bedfordshire in final to win Wormsley T20
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United Women's captain Kat Nutman could return at Durham
- CRICKET: Max Smith's super spell speeds Oxford Under 17s to second national title in three years
- ANGLING: Champions Drennan win again thanks to the Hobbs
- Patient Joe Rothwell hoping first Oxford United start left a lasting impression