Lawrence Clarke is safely into the semi-finals of the 110m hurdles at the European Athletics Championships after finishing third in his heat in Zurich this morning.
The Oxfordshire athlete recorded a time of 13.46secs to progress into Thursday's semi-finals with a polished display.
Clarke finished last in the final of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow a fortnight ago, and says he is hoping to put that right here.
"I made a complete hash of it in Glasgow, but am here to make amends," he said.
The semi-finals and final both take place on Thursday evening.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Carlisle United
- Oxford United fortunate to not concede penalty, says Carlisle United boss Keith Curle
- Michael Appleton delighted Oxford United keep hold of their promotion destiny
- Carlisle United 0, Oxford United 2 (Maguire pen 4, Sercombe 73)
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match at Carlisle?
- Updates - Carlisle United v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We are determined to send Oxford United fans home happy
- Chris Maguire relishing Oxford United's big push
- John Lundstram pushing for Oxford United recall
- SQUASH: Bicester secure Oxfordshire title