Lawrence Clarke is safely into the semi-finals of the 110m hurdles at the European Athletics Championships after finishing third in his heat in Zurich this morning.
The Oxfordshire athlete recorded a time of 13.46secs to progress into Thursday's semi-finals with a polished display.
Clarke finished last in the final of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow a fortnight ago, and says he is hoping to put that right here.
"I made a complete hash of it in Glasgow, but am here to make amends," he said.
The semi-finals and final both take place on Thursday evening.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- The derby games are great but it's not my problem, says Michael Appleton on Swindon Town's relegation
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Quickfire Oxford United striker Conor McAleny delighted at Millwall victory
- Oxford United midfielder Josh Ruffels revels in week to remember
- Michael Appleton hails Oxford United's 'outstanding' display in victory over Millwall
- FOOTBALL: Jefferson Louis fires in-form Oxford City to third straight victory
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town and North Leigh enjoy final-day victories, but Banbury United, Wantage Town and Kidlington are beaten
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire hold on to win thriller against Cornwall
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith finishes just outside the points in Austin MotoGP
- WEEKEND RESULTS: April 22-23