Lawrence Clarke is safely into the semi-finals of the 110m hurdles at the European Athletics Championships after finishing third in his heat in Zurich this morning.
The Oxfordshire athlete recorded a time of 13.46secs to progress into Thursday's semi-finals with a polished display.
Clarke finished last in the final of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow a fortnight ago, and says he is hoping to put that right here.
"I made a complete hash of it in Glasgow, but am here to make amends," he said.
The semi-finals and final both take place on Thursday evening.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Christian Ribeiro: Oxford United's displays against Exeter City convinced me to sign
- GOLF: Neil Rowlands withdraws halfway through Open qualifying
- GOLF: Lucie Feaver is primed to take on world’s best at Junior World Championships
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Oxford United lose to Bristol City but Laura Rafferty bids to make most of loan chance
- FOOTBALL: Danny Nicholls steps up to become Oxford City's joint manager
- MOTORSPORT: Sean Walkinshaw frustrated by puncture at Paul Ricard
- FOOTBALL: Abingdon Town quit the North Berks League
- DARTS: Pairs keep Democrats on track
- DARTS: Blackbird Leys Warriors recognised for Super League triumph
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United