Lawrence Clarke is safely into the semi-finals of the 110m hurdles at the European Athletics Championships after finishing third in his heat in Zurich this morning.
The Oxfordshire athlete recorded a time of 13.46secs to progress into Thursday's semi-finals with a polished display.
Clarke finished last in the final of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow a fortnight ago, and says he is hoping to put that right here.
"I made a complete hash of it in Glasgow, but am here to make amends," he said.
The semi-finals and final both take place on Thursday evening.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- No distractions for Oxford United as Michael Appleton only has eyes on Northampton Town clash
- Teenager Canice Carroll earmarked for Oxford United role in final month
- Oxford United clash is 'huge' as Northampton Town seek to confirm safety from relegation
- CRICKET: Former Oxfordshire batsman Martyn Lloyd dies at 62
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City boss Mark Jones makes three new signings
- RUGBY UNION: National League 2 South promotion hopefuls Chinnor must 'knuckle down and focus' on Clifton clash, says Matt Williams
- FOOTBALL: In-form Banbury United eye sixth win in row to continue play-off push
- ROWING: Major boost for Dark Blues ahead of the Boat Race
- BADMINTON: Oxfordshire youngsters impress in friendly victory
- BRADLEY SMITH COLUMN: I'm so excited about big challenge ahead of new MotoGP season