Lawrence Clarke is safely into the semi-finals of the 110m hurdles at the European Athletics Championships after finishing third in his heat in Zurich this morning.
The Oxfordshire athlete recorded a time of 13.46secs to progress into Thursday's semi-finals with a polished display.
Clarke finished last in the final of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow a fortnight ago, and says he is hoping to put that right here.
"I made a complete hash of it in Glasgow, but am here to make amends," he said.
The semi-finals and final both take place on Thursday evening.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's defeat at Sheffield United
- RACING: Options open for Cheltenham Gold Cup winner Coneygree's return
- Sheffield United 2 (Sharp 65, Wilson 73), Oxford United 1 (Hemmings 16)
- LIVE - Sheffield United v Oxford United
- Oxford United forward Chris Maguire eager to keep Sheffield United quiet
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It is crucial we start well to silence the home support
- MOTORSPORT: Williams duo Bottas and Massa ready for Spa test
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire beat Bedfordshire in final to win Wormsley T20
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United Women's captain Kat Nutman could return at Durham
- CRICKET: Max Smith's super spell speeds Oxford Under 17s to second national title in three years