Lawrence Clarke is safely into the semi-finals of the 110m hurdles at the European Athletics Championships after finishing third in his heat in Zurich this morning.
The Oxfordshire athlete recorded a time of 13.46secs to progress into Thursday's semi-finals with a polished display.
Clarke finished last in the final of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow a fortnight ago, and says he is hoping to put that right here.
"I made a complete hash of it in Glasgow, but am here to make amends," he said.
The semi-finals and final both take place on Thursday evening.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United in talks to extend contract of skipper John Lundstram beyond next season
- Oxford United out to sign off on a high against Shrewsbury
- BOXING: Jordan Flynn’s offered Olympic trial despite defeat
- MOTORSPORT: Renault driver Jolyon Palmer is against new safety shield
- BASKETBALL: Oxfordshire trio in junior regional side
- ANGLING: Holder Craig Partridge gets off to flying start
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford driver Matt Chapman facing first two-hour endurance test
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford's David Murphy competes against Olympic champion in British final
- Canice Carroll raring for next season already after breaking into Oxford United's side
- Reaction to Shrewsbury Town defeat defined Oxford United's season – Michael Appleton