Lawrence Clarke is safely into the semi-finals of the 110m hurdles at the European Athletics Championships after finishing third in his heat in Zurich this morning.
The Oxfordshire athlete recorded a time of 13.46secs to progress into Thursday's semi-finals with a polished display.
Clarke finished last in the final of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow a fortnight ago, and says he is hoping to put that right here.
"I made a complete hash of it in Glasgow, but am here to make amends," he said.
The semi-finals and final both take place on Thursday evening.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Former Oxford United defender Paul McCarthy dies aged 45
- Chris Maguire urges Oxford United to use agonising FA Cup defeat as play-off spur
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Oxford United head coach Michael Appleton disappointed by soft goals conceded at Middlesbrough
- John Lundstram humbled by massive Oxford United following at Riverside Stadium
- Aitor Karanka relieved after Middlesbrough edge past Oxford United
- FOOTBALL: Lee Henderson heads Oxford City to victory over Hemel Hempstead Town
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town earn draw and Kidlington win, but North Leigh and Wantage Town suffer defeats
- FOOTBALL: George Nash earns Banbury United a point, but draw hampers play-off bid
- WEEKEND RESULTS: February 18-19