Lawrence Clarke is safely into the semi-finals of the 110m hurdles at the European Athletics Championships after finishing third in his heat in Zurich this morning.
The Oxfordshire athlete recorded a time of 13.46secs to progress into Thursday's semi-finals with a polished display.
Clarke finished last in the final of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow a fortnight ago, and says he is hoping to put that right here.
"I made a complete hash of it in Glasgow, but am here to make amends," he said.
The semi-finals and final both take place on Thursday evening.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Joe Skarz and Ryan Taylor thrilled to return injury-free for Oxford United's pre-season
- EFL Trophy controversy rumbles on with under 23 teams and shoot-outs for draws
- BOWLS: Carterton suffer blow to Oxfordshire League Division 1 title hopes
- TENNIS: Oxfordshire teenager Alexis Canter handed junior Wimbledon wildcard
- ATHLETICS: Jade O'Dowda impresses to go top of under 17 heptathlon rankings
- BOWLS: Oxfordshire weather storm to beat Surrey in Middleton Cup
- RUBGY UNION: Theo Brophy-Clews relishing steep learning curve
- ATHLETICS: Paul Fernandez wins Thame 10k
- Fixture changes for Oxford United include derby at Swindon Town
- WATCH: Oxford United players undergo gruelling tests on first day of pre-season