Lawrence Clarke is safely into the semi-finals of the 110m hurdles at the European Athletics Championships after finishing third in his heat in Zurich this morning.
The Oxfordshire athlete recorded a time of 13.46secs to progress into Thursday's semi-finals with a polished display.
Clarke finished last in the final of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow a fortnight ago, and says he is hoping to put that right here.
"I made a complete hash of it in Glasgow, but am here to make amends," he said.
The semi-finals and final both take place on Thursday evening.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Jake Wright: It was a strange feeling facing Oxford United
- Oxford United fans' chat
- We let them off the hook, says Michael Appleton after Oxford United defeat
- Kane Hemmings hoping to have reason to celebrate next time he scores
- We won't make excuses, says Chey Dunkley as Oxford United beaten by Sheffield United
- MOTOGP: Bradley Smith ruled out of Silverstone GP
- FOOTBALL: Struggling Oxford City are beaten by Chelmsford City and slip into bottom three
- CRICKET: Great & Little Tew seal Division 1 safety despite rain-affected defeat
- CRICKET: Captain Will Eason hails Horspath after Division 2 title triumph
- FOOTBALL: In-form Jamie Cook scores a brace as North Leigh impress in victory