Lawrence Clarke is safely into the semi-finals of the 110m hurdles at the European Athletics Championships after finishing third in his heat in Zurich this morning.
The Oxfordshire athlete recorded a time of 13.46secs to progress into Thursday's semi-finals with a polished display.
Clarke finished last in the final of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow a fortnight ago, and says he is hoping to put that right here.
"I made a complete hash of it in Glasgow, but am here to make amends," he said.
The semi-finals and final both take place on Thursday evening.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Barnet 3 (Weston 7, Akinde 11 & pen 66), Oxford United 3 (Thomas 43 & 46, Crowley 81)
- LIVE -Barnet v Oxford United
- Oxford United prepared for physical test in final pre-season friendly at Barnet
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City lose Marlon Jackson to Newport County
- FOOTBALL: Manager Les Taylor confident Oxford United women will rise to big occasion
- SWIMMING: Emily Nisbet wins medals in Scottish Championships
- ANGLING: Ian Young wins Oxford Summer League on low-scoring day
- MARTIAL ARTS: Katie Franks lands three world titles
- MOTORVRACING: Valtteri Bottas eyes strong showing for Williams in Germany
- CRICKET: Horspath youngsters make it a hat-trick of titles