EDDIE Pepperell returns to European Tour action on Thursday after a five-week break.
The 23-year-old from Abingdon tees up in the Made in Denmark tournament at the Himmerland Golf & Spa Resort near Aalborg.
Pepperell has not played since finishing joint 123rd at the Scottish Open last month and is in need of a decent result after missing the cut at three of his last four events.
It has seen the Oxfordshire professional, who represents Frilford Heath, slip in the European Tour rankings to one place outside of the top 110, who secure their cards at the end of the season.
- A hole in one helped Max Gosby win the boys’ 13 and under category at the second BB&O Golf Partnership junior event of the season.
The 18-handicapper from Henley aced the sixth hole at Harleyford, near Marlow, on his way to 41 points.
Clubmate Mairi Weir was runner-up in the girls’ 13 and under competition with 30 points, while a score of 26 points was enough for Kirtlington’s Isabel Edwards finish second in the 14 and over event.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
- Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Rob Hall sets up two goals on Oxford United return
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later
- FOOTBALL: Sam Barder is Didcot’s match-winner while Banbury and Kidlington earn draws and Wantage are thrashed
- FOOTBALL: Mansfield Road stay top of Oxfordshire Senior League
- FOOTBALL: North Berks leaders Berinsfield are in seventh heaven
- FOOTBALL: Damini Bhagat bags five as unbeaten Oxford City girls prove too strong
- FOOTBALL: Oxfordshire Schools are beaten in first match
- Ryan Ledson and Rob Hall to deliver twin boost for Oxford United tomorrow
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell focused on ensuring losing European Tour card is just a minor setback