SPANISH driver Alex Palou has signed up to Chipping Norton’s Sean Walkinshaw Racing (SWR) for the BRDC Formula 4 Championship round at Silverstone.
The 17-year-old is a team-mate of Walkinshaw at Campos Racing in the EuroFormula Open and is making the most of a summer break in the series, where he has won twice, to gain extra mileage this weekend.
The SWR boss has backed the new signing to deliver straight away.
Walkinshaw said: “The F4 car is obviously new territory for him, but we’re sure his quality will shine through and he’ll be up to speed pretty quickly.
“We’re quietly confident he can achieve some big results at the weekend.”
Palou joins up with SWR’s Jordan Albert and Diego Borrelli at Silverstone.
Qualifying and round one will take place on Saturday, with two races scheduled for Sunday.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
- Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's penalty shoot-out win at Southend United
- Tyler Roberts holds his nerve as Oxford United make it third time lucky with shoot-out win over Southend
- Southend United 1 (Wordsworth 86), Oxford United 1 (Maguire 81) (Oxford win 4-3 on pens)
- Oxford United's Emirates FA Cup replay not selected for live television coverage
- RUGBY UNION: Former Oxford-based club London Welsh go into liquidation
- FOOTBALL: Eynsham SSC end three-month wait for win in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Double for Charlie Lee as unbeaten Berinsfield maintain North Berks League Division 1 title tilt
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh lose 3-0 lead as Hereford grab draw in eventful game for ex-Didcot Town men
- FOOTBALL: Ismael Liverpool shines as Cropredy go fourth
- FOOTBALL: Liam Jones grabs hat-trick as Bodicote Sports reach Under 12 KO Cup last four