SPANISH driver Alex Palou has signed up to Chipping Norton’s Sean Walkinshaw Racing (SWR) for the BRDC Formula 4 Championship round at Silverstone.
The 17-year-old is a team-mate of Walkinshaw at Campos Racing in the EuroFormula Open and is making the most of a summer break in the series, where he has won twice, to gain extra mileage this weekend.
The SWR boss has backed the new signing to deliver straight away.
Walkinshaw said: “The F4 car is obviously new territory for him, but we’re sure his quality will shine through and he’ll be up to speed pretty quickly.
“We’re quietly confident he can achieve some big results at the weekend.”
Palou joins up with SWR’s Jordan Albert and Diego Borrelli at Silverstone.
Qualifying and round one will take place on Saturday, with two races scheduled for Sunday.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
- Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe and Liam Sercombe named in League Two team of the year
- Oxford United await decisions from Hylton and Maguire
- FOOTBALL: John Brough appointed new manager at North Leigh
- MOTOR RACING: Renault's Jolyon Palmer crashes out of Monaco Grand Prix
- WEEKEND RESULTS: May 28-29
- CRICKET: Horspath stretch unbeaten start to four games after Shipton-under-Wychwood collapse
- CRICKET: Dain Moreton's century inspires Great & Little Tew to victory over Harefield
- Callum O'Dowda's slim Euro 2016 hopes look over after watching Ireland draw
- GOLF: Poor start sees Eddie Pepperell miss Wentworth cut
- YOUTH CRICKET: Ben Charlesworth takes centre stage with two impressive knocks