SPANISH driver Alex Palou has signed up to Chipping Norton’s Sean Walkinshaw Racing (SWR) for the BRDC Formula 4 Championship round at Silverstone.
The 17-year-old is a team-mate of Walkinshaw at Campos Racing in the EuroFormula Open and is making the most of a summer break in the series, where he has won twice, to gain extra mileage this weekend.
The SWR boss has backed the new signing to deliver straight away.
Walkinshaw said: “The F4 car is obviously new territory for him, but we’re sure his quality will shine through and he’ll be up to speed pretty quickly.
“We’re quietly confident he can achieve some big results at the weekend.”
Palou joins up with SWR’s Jordan Albert and Diego Borrelli at Silverstone.
Qualifying and round one will take place on Saturday, with two races scheduled for Sunday.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
- Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- More details on OxVox stadium bid - but talks 'on hold' due to U's takeover interest
- Liam Sercombe a step closer to Oxford United departure
- POINT-TO-POINT: Lisa O'Neill backing Ireland to stop the rot in Anglo-Irish challenge at Kingston Blount
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City reveal bumper pre-season programme
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell eyes putting improvements ahead of US Open qualifying
- TENNIS: North Oxford extend super streak to keep promotion push on track
- CRICKET: Home Counties Premier League preview
- POINT-TO-POINT: Will Biddick does not expect home advantage to help Great Britain in Anglo-Irish challenge at Kingston Blount
- Oxford United give Conor McAleny deadline on contract offer
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Fightback comes too late to save Oxford Saints against Brighton