SPANISH driver Alex Palou has signed up to Chipping Norton’s Sean Walkinshaw Racing (SWR) for the BRDC Formula 4 Championship round at Silverstone.
The 17-year-old is a team-mate of Walkinshaw at Campos Racing in the EuroFormula Open and is making the most of a summer break in the series, where he has won twice, to gain extra mileage this weekend.
The SWR boss has backed the new signing to deliver straight away.
Walkinshaw said: “The F4 car is obviously new territory for him, but we’re sure his quality will shine through and he’ll be up to speed pretty quickly.
“We’re quietly confident he can achieve some big results at the weekend.”
Palou joins up with SWR’s Jordan Albert and Diego Borrelli at Silverstone.
Qualifying and round one will take place on Saturday, with two races scheduled for Sunday.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
- Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United season ticket sales near 4,000 target
- Joe Skarz and Ryan Taylor thrilled to return injury-free for Oxford United's pre-season
- EFL Trophy controversy rumbles on with under 23 teams and shoot-outs for draws
- BOWLS: Carterton suffer blow to Oxfordshire League Division 1 title hopes
- TENNIS: Oxfordshire teenager Alexis Canter handed junior Wimbledon wildcard
- ATHLETICS: Jade O'Dowda impresses to go top of under 17 heptathlon rankings
- BOWLS: Oxfordshire weather storm to beat Surrey in Middleton Cup
- RUBGY UNION: Theo Brophy-Clews relishing steep learning curve
- ATHLETICS: Paul Fernandez wins Thame 10k
- Fixture changes for Oxford United include derby at Swindon Town