SPANISH driver Alex Palou has signed up to Chipping Norton’s Sean Walkinshaw Racing (SWR) for the BRDC Formula 4 Championship round at Silverstone.
The 17-year-old is a team-mate of Walkinshaw at Campos Racing in the EuroFormula Open and is making the most of a summer break in the series, where he has won twice, to gain extra mileage this weekend.
The SWR boss has backed the new signing to deliver straight away.
Walkinshaw said: “The F4 car is obviously new territory for him, but we’re sure his quality will shine through and he’ll be up to speed pretty quickly.
“We’re quietly confident he can achieve some big results at the weekend.”
Palou joins up with SWR’s Jordan Albert and Diego Borrelli at Silverstone.
Qualifying and round one will take place on Saturday, with two races scheduled for Sunday.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
- Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ryan Ledson and Rob Hall to deliver twin boost for Oxford United tomorrow
- FOOTBALL: Sam Barder is Didcot’s match-winner while Banbury and Kidlington earn draws and Wantage are thrashed
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell focused on ensuring losing European Tour card is just a minor setback
- FOOTBALL: Southern League previews for Didcot, Wantage, Kidlington and Banbury
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins record first victory as last kick misses target
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor bury battling opponents with six-try display to stay top of the table
- GOLF: Final pair seal Foursomes crown for Frilford Heath
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks' chances go west as Isca edge tight contest
- RUGBY UNION: Bicester scrape home to narrow derby win against Wallingford